Arizona Public Service Business Data Analyst Senior in United States
The Business Data Analyst Senior is responsible for delivering data management capabilities and initiatives including data usage, data quality, data governance, data analytics, and data security. Works with Data Architects, Analysts, Stewards and coordinates with Information Technology to execute data management initiatives and enforce compliance. Designs and implements appropriate governance structure, processes, procedures and tools to achieve a solid data foundation which is accurate, consistent and secure. Utility industry experience in Customer Service and Billing Area is a plus.
Minimum Requirements Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, information technology, data science, or a related field and eight (8) years related data management and/or business operations experience, or Master's degree in engineering, business, information technology, data science, or a related field and six (6) years related data management and/or business operations experience. In lieu of a degree, an equivalent combination of relevant college coursework and related data management and/or business operations experience totaling eleven (11) years. General understanding of business functions, information objects, and connection of information objects to KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and metrics in Utility industry. General knowledge and understanding of business systems, basic knowledge of data design, structure, functions and processes. 2-3 years of data governance, data quality, data conversion/cleansing experience using automated tools is preferred.
Experience in data mining, data preparation, decision tree design and creating predictive and prescriptive models. Demonstrated analytical ability to review data, identify issues, and see relationships and patterns. Must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and tie functional needs to technology solutions. Ability to articulate business needs in the form of agile backlog (requirements), understand priorities and maintain a prioritized product backlog for Data management capabilities. Demonstrated analytical ability to review data, identifies issues, and sees relationships and patterns. Basic knowledge of emerging practices and technologies used within Data management areas. Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously. Good customer service, organizational, and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage customer expectations. Some knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and standards impacting business areas. Proficient in PC applications including advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Proficient in one or more data management tools.
Major Accountabilities 1) Performs key role in turning data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions.
2) Responsible for the planning and execution of the Data Governance Program for a specific data business unit domain.
3) Identifies and manages critical data management issues, inefficiencies and risks including inaccurate data and inconsistent application of data. Collaborates with business stakeholders and data management and analytics team to develop, recommend and implement appropriate solutions or corrective actions.
4) Manages the updates to the Data Governance Knowledge Repository to maintain all metadata including data dictionary, data lineage, and data models.
5) Leads or collaborates in identifying and proposing solutions to data quality issues including data accuracy, validity, and consistency.
6) Collaborates with business and IT in developing and defining data policies, rules, and standards, facilitates implementation, and monitors compliance.
7) Provides analysis and guidance to the business around data quality metrics.
8) Develops and delivers data management capabilities and initiatives which include data usage, data governance, data quality, and data security.
9) Works with business unit representatives to understand business needs and define user requirements. Establishes priorities and appropriate tradeoffs for system functionality and performance.
10) Develops and delivers appropriate user and business requirements communications to support implementation.
11) Performs ongoing scope evaluation of technical, functional, performance, and user-value tradeoffs and identifies system or data priorities to maximize benefits received.
12) Participates in Functional Solution Design and works with data visualization and IT to review options for identifying the data sources, data flow, and data presentation.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Pinnacle West") maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include, but not be limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, compensating, reassigning, demoting, transferring, laying off, recalling, terminating employment, and training for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other classification or characteristic protected by law. For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to EEO is the Law poster. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of every person hired to work in the United States, refer to E-Verify poster.
View the employee rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Arizona Public Service is a smoke free workplace.
Job ID: 20200652
Full/Part Time: Full-Time