Washington Gas Light Co. Mass Market Business Development Program Manager in Vienna, Virginia
Responsible for new and renewal business development activities within the small commercial and residential market segments, including electricity, natural gas, and renewable energy product sales. Business development activities can include management of multiple third-party vendors, brokers/consultants, and affinity partners, as well as individual sales activities that support achieving overall Mass Markets sales goals and objectives.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Identifies, develops, and cultivates relationships with decision makers at third-party vendors, brokers/consultants, and affinity partners in order to grow and maintain small commercial and/or residential sales. .
• Acts as program manager for sales activities with multiple third-party entities at once, ensuring key prospecting and sales metrics and efficient communication are being utilized.
• Identifies, develops, and cultivates on-going, positive customer relationships with current and potential small commercial customers.
• Works with others on the Mass Markets Sales and Marketing teams to develop and/or refine sales acquisition and retention programs focused on the small commercial and/or residential businesses, as needed, to achieve overall sales goals and objectives.
• Assesses current IT operating systems, sales policies and business procedures and, in collaboration with internal and external resources, makes recommendations for improvements to increase sales and decrease overhead costs.
• Actively participates in cross-functional Mass Markets pricing and product development meetings with Operations, Sales, Sales Support, and Marketing teams.
• Recommends and participates in off-site promotional events, trade shows, and community events to promote WGL Energy brand awareness and sales, including evenings and weekend events.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Marketing, or related field;
• 3 years’ work related experience
• 2-3 years of sales experience preferred, but not required.
• Proven interest in energy policies, sustainability and/or renewable energy projects.
• Ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, and peers.
• Ability to present ideas logically and concisely to diverse internal and external audiences at all organizational levels, both verbally and in writing.
• 1-2 years of project management experience preferred, demonstrating an ability to manage multiple vendors, tasks, and timelines at once.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate (listen, negotiate, convince) effectively, including the ability to persuade and diffuse tense situations.
• Ability to speak in front of groups, including business partners, prospects, customers, supervisors and peers.
• Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office applications, salesforce.com or other CRM tool, to share, retrieve, research and present business information.
• Demonstrated ability to perform with a high degree of flexibility and resourcefulness and the ability to work independently.
• Ability to travel (25-50%) and work non-standard hours in the evenings and weekends attending industry conferences, trade shows, affinity events, customers events, etc.
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL Holdings, Inc. is a public utility holding company and the parent company of WGL, a diversified energy business that provides natural gas, electricity, green power, carbon reduction and energy services. Our calling as a company is to make energy surprisingly easy - for our employees, for our community and for all our customers. WGL and its affiliates are committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status. sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or mental disabilities, political affiliation, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.