Avangrid Senior Network Engineer in Vestal, New York
Senior Network Engineer
Company: AVANGRID SERVICE COMPANY
Vestal, NY, US Vestal, NY, US Orange, CT, US Augusta, ME, US Pittsfield, MA, US, 01201 Rochester, NY, US Kirkwood, NY, US Oneonta, NY, US Orange, CT, US, 06477 US US Augusta, ME, US Rochester, NY, US New Haven, CT, US Rochester, NY, US Ithaca, NY, US Brunswick, ME, US Lewiston, ME, US Horseheads, NY, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
Milford, CT. Fairfield, CT. Orange, CT, New Haven, CT, Pittsfield, MA, Fairfield, ME, Augusta, ME, Rochester, NY, Binghamton, NY, Elmira, NY, Ithaca, NY, Kirkwood, NY, Scottsville, NY, Oneonta, NY
Key Technical Working Skills:
• Organizational expert within network infrastructure, operations & security subject areas
• In-depth knowledge of professional standards and trends within area of expertise.
• Advanced experience in deploying firewalls and VPNs.
• Proficiency in multiple security technologies, including; network security, NAC, Micro segmentation, network security architecture.
• Experience with security technologies such as SAML and PKI Infrastructure a plus
• Experience with Network Access Control deployment in a large enterprise.
• Experience with authentication systems such as RADIUS, TACACS+, SSO, LDAP + Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures +
• Experience with architecting in cloud environments (AWS, Azure, and GCP) a plus
• SD-WAN and other tunneling\encryption transport technologies desired
• Network Security Automation and DevOps experience is a definite plus
• Strong Routing and Switching experience (BGP, OSPF, VPC, vain traffic engineering, Multicast, etc.)
• Provide timely responses to all incidents, tasks and requests assigned to meet Service Level Agreements.
• Work with internal clients, suppliers/contractors, project teams and other technical staff to identify, design and support technical solutions.
• Design, plan and implement changes to the environment for improvements or projects
• Provide maintenance of infrastructure technologies following the change management process.
• Lead the technical implementation plans in support of infrastructure technologies.
• Lead the evaluation, selection, and testing of hardware and software products.
• Maintain regulatory compliance under NERC/CIP guidelines.
• Maintain high quality security controls surrounding the critical SCADA systems.
• Perform/coordinate special assignments from OSG Infrastructure Management.
• Provide 24x7 on call support.
• Provide professional and technical mentoring for team members
Skills and Requirements
Qualifications: (minimum for assignment to this job)
Education: BS/BA Degree in Business, Computer Science or other technical discipline. MA/MS Degree preferred. Will consider additional years of relevant experience and/or related technical certifications in lieu of degree requirement (in accordance with the FLSA Computer Professionals Exemption)
Education and Experience Requirements: Meet at least one of the following:
• AS Technical Related Degree with 12+ years’ technical experience.
• BS Technical Related Degree with 8+ years’ technical experience
• MS Technical Related Degree with 5+ years’ technical experience
Networking, Networking protocols (vxLAN, vPC), Dynamic routing protocols, firewalls (Checkpoint, Cisco ASA), Security tools, scripting. Experience with SDN, load balancing, DNS, (Associated certifications are highly preferred)
Position requires a minimum of five (5) years’ experience working with infrastructure solutions in an enterprise environment. Position requires professional experience with more than one of the following areas:
Data Center Operations, Disaster Recover/Business Continuity Planning & Execution, Security & Compliance Management, Infrastructure Operational Policies & Procedures, and/or Technical Project Coordination. Fundamental understanding of UNIX Operating Systems (OS), Linux OS, Microsoft OS, Active Directory, VMware, Citrix.
Definition, maintenance and support of Operational Smart Grids (OSG) infrastructure operational policies, standards, best practices, procedures, tools and projects in support of efficient, resilient, and secure operations of OSG supported applications and facilities.
Directs works with technical teams and external vendors to provide operational support for a diverse set of operational enterprise services. Monitor operational performance to identify opportunities for improvement. Align the operational requirements with relevant global/corporate operational requirement(s), security framework(s) and/or associated regulatory compliance.
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate and Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org