Avangrid Orc DBA Engineer - Control Sys in Vestal, New York
Orc DBA Engineer - Control Sys
Company: AVANGRID SERVICE COMPANY
Vestal, NY, US
Iberdrola is a global energy leader, the number one producer of wind power, and one of the world's biggest electricity utilities in terms of market capitalisation. The group supplies energy to almost 100 million people in dozens of countries including Spain, the United Kingdom (ScottishPower), the United States (AVANGRID), Brazil (Neoenergia), Mexico, Germany, Portugal, Italy and France, with a workforce of more than 35,000 people.
Iberdrola is leading the transition towards a sustainable energy model through its investments in renewable energy, smart grids, large-scale energy storage and digital transformation, to offer its customers the most advanced products and services. Thanks to its commitment to clean energy, Iberdrola is one of the companies with the lowest emissions and an international benchmark for its contribution to sustainability and the fight against climate change.
• Provides support for the AVANGRID Energy Control Systems (ECS) used to operate Electric Transmission & Distribution Systems and Backoffice applications.
• Support Systems design, development & testing of functional requirements of the Electric Management System (EMS), Outage Management System (OMS), Transmission Network Analysis (TNA) systems and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
• Document and all database system design, maintenance and enhancement work.
• Proactively monitor and maintain all database and application systems for an uninterrupted service to the Energy Control Center (ECC).
• Analyze, extract and make available system data for the engineers on request.
Skills and Requirements
Education and Experience: (Meet at least one of the following)
5-10+ years’ technically related experience
AS Engineering Degree with 7+ year’s technical experience
BS Degree with 5+ years technical experience
• Strong background in Oracle database administration (Oracle 11R2/12R1/12R2) preferably Oracle 19 as well.
• Strong background in Administering Oracle Data Guard, Oracle RAC and Dataguard & RAC combination.
• Strong background is database programming, SQL*Plua, PL/SQL, Materialized views, Triggers, using Database Change Notification.
• Strong background in the use of database utilities like, SQL*Loader, Oracle data pump, Oracle Imp/Exp, RMAN.
• Strong background on Operating Systems (OS) such as Solaris 10/11, Linux and Windows Servers.
• Good knowledge/experience in implementing database security.
• Good working knowledge on Networking, firewalls & network switches.
• Good working knowledge on Putty,FTP/SFTP, VNC, LDAP, Active Directory.
• Good in technical documentation.
• Be on call 24X7X365 for database and systems support activity.
• Knowledge of at least one of the following is desirable: Shell Scripting, Python, C, Java Script, VB
• Good Knowledge/Understand of Network diagrams, firewall rules, ports and services.
• Working with the understanding of relevant Industry Compliance Regulations and Policies. (NERC-CIP, Etc.)
• Being able to work under framework of the NERC-CIP ECS requirements.
• The ability to demonstrate good communication skills both written and orally. Experience to make sound decisions will working in a high-pressure environment outside normal working hours.
• Working in storm or other emergency conditions for 24x7x365 system support.
• Able to work independently and contribute proactively to drive results.
• Prior experience in working with Electric Utilities is advantages.
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate and Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
AVANGRID employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties.
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com