NextEra Energy I&C Special - Digital in Vero Beach, Florida
I&C Special - Digital
Date:Sep 4, 2018
Primary Location:Vero Beach, FL, US, 32966
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 27857
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Everyday our employees help us deliver safe, affordable, and reliable service to our more than 4.9 million customers. They are helping shape our company and how our customers see us. This position will be based at our Okeechobee Clean Energy Center located at 3193 NE 366 Trail, Okeechobee, FL. 34972.
Job Overview This is a non-shift multi-functional classification that works a regular day shift schedule. The primary responsibility of this position is instrument and control digital related work; however, the individual may perform duties in other maintenance disciplines (mechanical or electrical), to the extent that he/she is capable, qualified and is able to perform in a safe manner. This classification works under the direction of the Maintenance Leader.
Minimum requirements for job:
1) Must have held or be qualified to hold the position of Instrument and Control Specialist, or have completed the instrument and control specialist joint apprentice program, and has completed the following college courses from an accredited college.
Microprocessor II, or presently equivalent accredited college courses.
2) Any graduate of an approved college who has received an associate degree in electronics or instrument technology and previous work experience in instrumentation, computer hardware and software and basic knowledge of various programming languages.
3) Has had equivalent military experience and training in the digital electronics field.
4) Has acquired a two year degree in Digital Technology, and has experience in troubleshooting and maintaining Digital equipment at another industrial facility.
1) May operate all types of power and hand tools, and use any equipment necessary to provide a safe, clean and productive work place.
2) Uses precision tools and instruments and a wide variety of meters and test equipment.
3) May maintain stock and records of plant instrument and electrical materials, supplies, tools and spare parts.
4) Performs preventive maintenance to ensure the proper function of plant I and C related equipment.
5) Installs, tests and maintains electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical instruments and devices that indicate, record, transmit or control the operation of power plants.
6) Installs and maintains connecting piping, tubing and wiring from the primary sensing element to the final control element.
7) Prepares records of calibration, tests and maintenance of these instruments and devices.
8) Reads, interprets and works from electrical and mechanical diagrams, blue prints and schematics, and performs troubleshooting, repair and replacement of the digital central processing units that analyze or control unit operating systems.
9) Performs associated responsibilities in accordance with the rules contained in the safe work practices handbook and the Memorandum of Agreement.
- Must have equivalent courses and/or experience to any of the above minimum requirements.
Required Qualifications • Pwr Plt Mtce Pos Sel Sys Test passed • Post-Offer Functional Capacity Eval Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Bargaining Unit Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Power Generation Bargaining Unit Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Vero Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
#LI-DN1 Nearest Major Market:Vero Beach