South Jersey Industries Construction Ops Admin Intermediate in Union, New Jersey
A career in Contract Construction will provide the opportunity to provide construction support responsible on the field side of the work. This typically includes monitoring, inspecting, and maintaining projects from start to finish. This also includes scheduling meetings routinely throughout the project to move project to completion. Additionally, this role may help ensure company initiatives are on track. This typically involves measuring performance within functional teams and working closely with other functions. Roles within Contract Construction are responsible for oversight of all capital construction work. This includes, planning, assigning, monitoring, and reporting out on all construction work completed by SJI employees and by contractors. This also includes execution of a strategic plan that is related to construction implementation and oversight, customer service, and quality controls. The team will establish the priorities and also determine resource allocation for the effective and efficient delivery of multiple projects simultaneously. This also involves maintaining a strict schedule compared to estimated time of completion.
Roles and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Performing (under some supervision) assigned tasks that support day-to-day activities and project goals
• Following appropriate methods and techniques in performing tasks and preparing related reports
• Collaborating with supervisory personnel to develop routine methods
• Recommending alternatives, examining new methods and techniques and possibly proactively seeking out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems
• Participating in group meetings. Possibly presenting results of work, interpreting data, and drawing conclusions regarding presented material and nature of workThis role will develop professional expertise and apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues. You will work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. It is expected that you will exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Additionally, you will build productive internal/external working relationships.It is expected that your role applies intermediate level skills to projects or assignments within own group/project team. You will receive general instructions on routine work and receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Your role typically reports to Managers.Additionally, the level and nature of interaction of your role includes:
• Working under direct guidance on a component of a project, interacting primarily within the job familyThis is a role that contributes through own efforts and application of expertise, skills, or tasks.
The base location for this position will either be in Union, NJ (07088) or Stewartsville, NJ (08886).
• Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience, or;• Master’s degree with 0 years of relevant experience.• Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Explore the Possibilities
If you're looking to make an impact, South Jersey Industries is the perfect place. For interns, college graduates, or experienced professionals, at South Jersey Industries we look for enthusiastic, talented professionals at every level of our enterprise. From call center representatives with excellent people skills to engineers with the vision and expertise to design tomorrow’s energy infrastructure, we know that our people fuel our success. We take pride in recruiting the best talent available for every facet of our business. Explore the possibilities. You'll be sure to find an opportunity that piques your interest.
We are committed to developing and implementing innovative projects that increase energy efficiency and save clients money
We provide an opportunity to build a successful and rewarding career in a variety of functional business areas
We foster individual talents and abilities while promoting the value of teamwork
Our culture prepares you for a lifetime of learning and professional development
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
SJI (NYSE: SJI), an energy services holding company based in Folsom, NJ, delivers energy services to its customers through three primary subsidiaries. SJI Utilities, SJI's regulated natural gas utility business, delivers safe, reliable, affordable natural gas to approximately 690,000 South Jersey Gas, Elizabethtown Gas and Elkton Gas customers in New Jersey and Maryland. SJI's non-utility businesses within South Jersey Energy Solutions promote efficiency, clean technology and renewable energy by providing customized wholesale commodity marketing and fuel management services; and developing, owning and operating on-site energy production facilities. SJI Midstream houses the company's interest in the PennEast Pipeline Project. For more information about SJI and its subsidiaries, click here. (http://www.sjindustries.com/)