INTREN Estimator in Union, Illinois
Department: Business Development
Location: Union, IL
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Estimator forecasts project costs by gathering details and compiling data to estimate all production costs according to specifications. The estimator must consider raw material, labor, equipment, tools, labor, and transportation. Helps determine necessary resources for projects based on cost estimates and budgetary constraints.
•Plan, organize, and produce construction estimates in accordance to INTREN’s policies & procedures.
• Visit job and proposal sites performing estimates and gathering current cost data.
• Prepare, coordinate, review and distribute construction estimates in accordance with INTREN’s procedures.
• Develop and maintain cost databases to support estimating needs.
• Support the field workforce in the preparation of estimates for change orders and claims.
• Prepare reports and analysis pertinent to construction estimating as requested by management.
• Produce reasonable schedules to support a construction estimate.
• Analyze bidding results to determine areas for improvement and implement improvements in future bids.
• Prepare bills of material and other information for use by purchasing or the appropriate department.
• Develop crew and equipment requirements with project managers.
• Responsible for maintaining existing relationships and also building new relationships.
• Reviews and evaluates incoming estimating opportunities vs. existing estimating commitments.
• Responsible for logging in bids to appropriate software for sales tracking purposes, etc.
• Create and present proposals in a professional manner.
• Responsible for contract review after the award of a project.
• Also after the award of a project, responsible to ensure estimate is turned over to project management, giving appropriate information to the operations department with a clear definition of the work to be performed, by means of proper documentation and verbal discussions.
• May request certificates of insurance.
• May order material submittals.
• Other duties as assigned by Account Manager, Senior Project Manager or Project Manager
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and strong computer literacy. Good problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task are essential. Must be a self-starter and have the ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Project, Word, Excel, and AutoCAD a plus.
• Ability to read and understand civil, architectural, structural, mechanical plans and specifications as they relate to electrical and/or other utility work.
• Effective analytical and problem solving skills with great ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.