UNS Energy Corporation Student Intern, Engineering Project Management in Tucson, Arizona
Tucson Electric Power, one of Arizona’s leading utility companies, seeks an individual for the position of Student Intern in the Engineering Project Management Department. This position will supplement the permanent staff and offer work experience in a business setting.
- Organization and storage of documents on software systems
- Work closely with project managers and engineers with evaluations, analysis and all other document preparation as needed.
- Assist with other duties or assignments as needed
- General shadowing and assisting with project managers and engineers
- Under oversight from the department manager and staff, the Student Intern will assist the Engineering Project Management Team with projects, processes and new initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Must be actively enrolled as a student at an accredited college or university and pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a graduation date of May 2019 or later
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to protect highly sensitive and confidential information
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess functional knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be able to work up to 20 hours per week during regular business hours; and up to 40 hours per week during summer and school breaks depending on the business needs.
- Student Interns must maintain the required hours for full-time student status, good academic standing at their college or university, as defined by the college or university and the GPA required for graduation by their college or university.
- Failure to maintain full-time status, good academic standing and/or the required GPA will result in Student Interns being deemed ineligible for participation in this program.
- Travel to and from Downtown Headquarters and Irvington campus as needed
Company: Tucson Electric Power
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job Category: Engineering
Position Type: Unclassified