Eversource Energy Distribution Design Engineer in Torrington, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
ACCOUNTABILITIES - PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Responsible for planning function for all assigned circuits.
- Responsible for assigned circuit performance including load growth, voltage profiles, fault studies and reliability studies and initiating work requests/projects where needed to improve performance.
- Responsible for identifying benefits to be derived from individual projects and predicted desired outcomes.
- Responsible for providing Project Management support for specific projects.
- Responsible for engineering resolutions for multiple outages in the Distribution System
- Create Work Requests in STORMS/AIMS
- Operates independently within a team environment.
- Reports to Lead – Distribution Design Engineer on deviations in construction design guidelines and maintenance specifications.
- Will be responsible for EMF communications and/or measurements for customers
- May become Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- Works with the Real Estate Department and Customer to negotiate easements, as required.
- Considers safety in all circuit analysis.
- Supports Account Executives with customer quality of service issues.
- Makes direct contact with customer and develop corrective actions
- Will have nonexclusive, non-supervisory, storm restoration and emergency assignments.
- Responsible for supporting Operations with distribution issues. This includes review switching, develop contingency plans, prioritizing work, monitoring yellow tags, provide engineering support to Field Distribution Design
- Provide regulator and capacitor control settings for Electrical Maintenance.
- Work with P&CE on developing Recloser and Breaker settings.
- Responsible for outage, voltage, and power quality investigations. Participate in System Operation Review Committee (SORC) and engineer corrective action to prevent reoccurrence. Provide reports as required.
- Engineer, develop and present distribution projects to Operating Company Review Committee (OCRC) for approval.
- Responsible to evaluate proposed DG interconnection applications.
- Review and implement annual procedures, (e.g. TD941).
- Knowledgeable of various computer applications
- Other related duties as assigned, including support to SOC (see contract for details)
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required.
- Experience: Two (2) to Five (5) years of equivalent experience in Energy Delivery is preferred.
- Technical Skills: Knowledge of distribution systems is desired. Must be able to work in a team environment. Must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Internal Contacts: Liaisons with other DDE team members, Lead-Distribution Design Engineer, Manager – Distribution Design, and Manager-Electric Field Operations. Interfaces with Distribution Engineering and other Departments. Supports Field Engineering Design, Construction Engineering, and Director – Electric Field Operations. Communicates to Lead – Distribution Design Engineer for deviations on projects that fall outside of budget criteria.
- External Contacts: Support ES liaisons and customer needs
- Challenges: Manages distribution circuits as a financial asset.
CORE AND FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES (top 5-7 competencies):
- USE current Workday for competencies or equivalent.
Bargaining unit employees under the TEAL contract will be given first consideration. In addition, this position is being posted internally and externally.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume with their application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor