Arizona Public Service Sect Ldr Nuclear Maintenance-Ops Computer Systems in Tonopah, Arizona
Supervise and coach teams in the performance of maintenance processes to ensure safety, quality, and excellence in the performance of work.
BA/BS degree and six (6) years experience in the craft supervised with knowledge and understanding of maintenance processes and applicable regulatory and administrative requirements ( i.e. NATM process, Control of Work process) or HS/GED, and ten (10) years maintenance experience in the craft or discipline supervised. Meets or exceeds ANSI 1978, 3.1, 4.3.2.
Knowledge in the following areas of responsibility:
Instrumentation and Control Systems
Process Computers (DCS and PLC)
Radiation Monitoring System
Electronics Digital Assets
Nuclear requirement: Any PVGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. This is a condition of employment at PVGS. Roles and Responsibilities defined in Policy 1503 and implementing policy guide are applicable to all PVGS employees.
Any PVGS employee may be called upon to support a refueling or short-notice outage. This includes line roles and responsibilities as necessary to execute outage activities.
1) Promote employee productivity and morale by demonstrating leadership principals which model the culture.
2) Accept ownership for and proactively address employee issues in an open and supportive manner.
3) Continuously develop staff through training, coaching and performance evaluation from application of PEP as intended , to instill and anchor ownership and accountability on maintenance teams.
4) Develop programs which provide an integrated approach to maintenance in order to meet PVGS Site Maintenance and Modifications Division Strategic Plan.
5) Implement programs to provide a safe and sufficiently equipped work environment for effective work production while ensuring ALARA principals are practiced.
6) Maintain an atmosphere conducive to self-identification of discrepancies and establish processes to track and aggressively resolve identified problems.
7) Ensure programs are established to maintain maintenance implementing and administrative documents current with plant configuration, procedural and regulatory requirements.
8) Ensure work and resources conform to section budgets and control expenditures at or below budgeted amounts.
9) Accept ownership and accountability for material condition and maintenance processes on assigned physical plant systems utilizing a site-wide priority system.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Generating Stations (PVGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Title: Sect Ldr Nuclear Maintenance-Ops Computer Systems
Job ID: 20180620
Location: Tonopah, AZ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time