Arizona Public Service Mobile Crane Operator in Tonopah, Arizona
Mobile Crane Operators operate a wide variety of heavy-duty construction equipment which includes various types of Mobile Cranes both lattice and telescoping boom types. Provides support for a wide variety of maintenance and construction activities on and around the station.
High school diploma or equivalent plus three (3) years journey level mobile crane operating experience within the past five (5) years. Qualified to operate large and small forklifts (certified). Certified to operate Mobile Cranes through an outside agency. Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, procedures, plant drawings and diagrams. Possess a valid Arizona Commercial Drivers License. Experienced to perform rigging activities preferred.
Testing: EEI MASS test administered.
Nuclear requirement: Any PVGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. This is a condition of employment at PVGS. Roles and Responsibilities defined in Administrative Guideline 16DP-0EP34-01are applicable to all PVGS employees.
Any PVGS employee may be called upon to support a refueling or short-notice outage. This includes line roles and responsibilities as necessary to execute outage activities.
1) Operates all mobile cranes (up to 150 ton hydraulic and/or 250 ton conventional) in support of online and outages as required. Assembles and properly sets-up Mobile Cranes, and performs boom changes when required. Reads and interprets Crane load charts. Programs various Crane computers to the proper configurations for each job.
2) Performs all OSHA and ANSI required annual inspections on mobile cranes. Ensures cranes are properly serviced at the appropriate time as specified by manufacturer.
3) Operates railcar tugger on and off site to move railcars carrying spent fuel, as needed. In addition, operates cask transporter to move nuclear fuel to storage location.
4) Operates overhead cranes including Polar crane to disassemble reactor components during refuel operations. Also, operates turbine overhead cranes to assist in disassembly of turbine components during refuel outages.
5) Drives tractor trailers around site securing large loads to trailers.
6) Operates various size forklifts loading and unloading tractor trailers.
7) Operates various types of manlifts.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Generating Stations (PVGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Testing Information & Contact
Tests are only administered to referred candidates. More information about our tests and the testing process is available through www.pinnaclewest.com/careers and then clicking on the link for "Pre-employment Testing".
- A written [paper and pencil] test will be administered.
E-mail will be the method of contact with job applicants for test scheduling. Please be sure to check your e-mail regularly so that you receive scheduling notifications for testing and updated job information.
Job Title: Mobile Crane Operator
Job ID: 20180418
Location: Tonopah, AZ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time