Arizona Public Service Metallurgist Engineer Sr in Tonopah, Arizona
Applies in-depth technical knowledge and expertise to complex engineering projects in the metallurgical discipline. Plans and coordinates programs and large-scale engineering projects or several medium projects while acting as a technical specialist for the metallurgical engineering field. May be responsible for all aspects of work scope, often directs consultants, conducts feasibility studies, determines staff and cost estimates and recommends engineering criteria. Coordinates, administers and provides technical direction to less experienced engineers. May research new developments and technology and make recommendations to management on their feasibility for company operations. Monitors projects and recommends modifications to increase operating efficiency and /or reviews design and documentation of complex projects to ensure compliance with design specifications, schedules and any regulatory requirements. May develop, negotiate and manage contracts and contract revisions. Interfaces with internal and external customers, outside agencies and regulatory authorities. Maintains a thorough knowledge of new developments and technology.
- Program owner of Materials Degradation and AgingManagementProgram (NEI 03-08)
- Evaluating and implementing any applicable mandatory or needed issue programs (IP) requirements per NEI 03-08.
- Review and provide recommendations to senior management on any good practice IP requirements.
- Inform and communicate material issues to management, Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), and Industry peers.
- Disposition of any NRC Bulletins, Information Notices (INs), Generic Letters (GLs) and Operating Experiences (OEs) related to materials, Non-Destructive Examinations (NDE), and welding.
- Perform duties of Alloy 600 Program Manager, Reactor Internals Program Manager and Reactor Vessel Integrity Program Manager
- Provide extensive support and leadership to several Industry groups responsible for addressing complex material and NDE technical issues.
- Provide technical supportin the areas of materials, metallurgy, welding, and NDE.
- Failure analysis of parts and components as required by other departments and assisting in root cause evaluations.
- Outage activities include oversight of primary systems material inspectionsand supporting the station on any emergent material issues
Major Accountabilities 1) Make decisions and recommendations that have a moderate effect on the overall organization performance. Has long term impact.
2) Typically influential in setting long term goals and objectives. Is depended upon regularly in one or more areas of engineering expertise with depth of knowledge in related field or wide breadth of engineering knowledge in general fields. Understands engineering technology and process concepts for the organization and processes.
3) Contacts customers and various levels of management to obtain or present technical data. Presents the results of designs, studies projects (in terms of new techniques) or approaches to subordinates, colleagues, management and customers.
4) Requires defined overall goals. Has capability to work without appreciable direction. Work is reviewed from a long-term perspective, mainly for results. Establishes most effective solution to problems. Sought out for solutions that are acted on as a final technical basis for decisions.
5) Develops and applies technical solutions which require original and creative approaches. Provides unique solutions and applications to a broad range of technical problems.
6) Plans, coordinates, sets priorities, and applies resources on complex projects or processes.
7) Takes initiative to eliminate barriers and uses resources to ensure desired results.
8) Independently reviews complex-engineering analyses prepares complex engineering plans, specifications, cost estimates, evaluations, Studies, technical reviews, investigations and verifications.
9) Prepares checks and reviews non-standard analysis, evaluations, and investigations of others.
10) Provides technical guidance and leadership to technically subordinate personnel.
11) Identifies potential schedule or quality problems and initiates corrective action.
12) Integrates the many interrelated elements of complex projects that are broad in scope, require considerations not previously encountered and requires interpretation and/or modification to guidelines. Complies with design, regulatory, operating and maintenance requirements.
Minimum Requirements A 4-year bachelor degree in Engineering (engineering discipline specific to area of assignment) from an accredited college or university plus eight (8) years experience in engineering positions. (Professional Engineers License is not an acceptable equivalency for bachelor degree.) Must possess in depth knowledge of energy analysis, engineering applications, business, and finance, applicable codes, standards practices and methods in the area of assigned discipline. In-depth understanding of construction, operating and engineering practices safety rules company policies and union agreements.
Nuclear requirement: Any PVNGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. This is a condition of employment at PVNGS. Roles and Responsibilities defined in Policy 1503 and implementing policy guide are applicable to all PVNGS employees.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Title: Metallurgist Engineer Sr
Job ID: 20180142
Location: Tonopah, AZ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time