Arizona Public Service Leader Health Services PV in Tonopah, Arizona
Manages a multi-disciplinary health services team and associated processes related to emergency care, pre-employment and regulatory physicals, case management of personal and industrial claims and clinic assessments. Promotes health and wellness and provides care and counseling to employees.
A four year Bachelor's degree in Nursing or Business Administration from an accredited college or university plus five (5) years experience in Nursing, Regulatory Compliance or other job related field. In lieu of bachelors degree, nine (9) years experience in Nursing, Regulatory Compliance or other job related field. Two (2) years supervisory experience required. Demonstrated knowledge of related local, state, and federal regulations, company policies and general health services practices. Knowledge of regulatory programs including NRC, ANSI, ADA, FML, Worker's Compensation and OSHA. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to think strategically as well as deliver bottom-line results. Ability to multi-task, handling multiple priorities simultaneously, excellent time management skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Nuclear requirement: Any PVGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. This is a condition of employment at PVGS. Roles and Responsibilities defined in Policy 1503 and implementing policy guide are applicable to all PVGS employees.
Any PVGS employee may be called upon to support a refueling or short-notice outage. This includes line roles and responsibilities as necessary to execute outage activities.
1) Manages a multi-disciplinary health services staff working in 2 clinic locations. This includes, but is not limited to: work scheduling, staffing, performance management, training, compensation recommendations, rewards and recognition. Responsible for managing contracted staff members and vendors.
2) Provides oversight to ensure that multiple medical testing programs are performed in compliance with applicable internal procedures and applicable regulations, including NRC, ANSI and OSHA.
3) Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Resolves operational and/or technical issues within the department.
4) Collaborates and maintains productive relationships with major site stakeholders: Operations, Fire, Safety and Security.
5) Monitors and manages health services programs, policies, metrics and reporting for Palo Verde. Consults and communicates with management, employees, external providers and other key stakeholders on health related areas.
6) Manages processes and procedures related to emergency care, pre-employment and regulatory physicals, case management of personal and industrial claims and clinic assessments. Ensure processes are streamlined, efficient, future focused and meet business needs.
7) Promotes health and wellness and provides care and counseling to ensure employees¿ health needs are met.
8) Provides daily oversight to ensure Palo Verde Corrective Action Program deadlines are met.
9) Monitors expenditures of department ensuring prudent use of company money and resources.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 20180469
Location: Tonopah, AZ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time