Arizona Public Service Cyber Engineer III/ Sr - Digital Programs in Tonopah, Arizona
As part of the APS team, you are important to the success and future of our organization. Arizona Public Service is #keepingarizonaon. You can be a part of a unique industry and work with us to provide reliable service, our community can count on us for safe, clean and reliable energy. APS is making a long term impact by investing in grid upgrades and advanced technology to meet Customer’s needs.
TheCyber Engineer III/Sr in the Digital Programs Departmentprovides technicalengineering, design, economic and analytical support to participate in the development of long-range system plans and conducting of engineering requests, proposals and presentations. Performs engineering tasks requiring skills and experience gained through application of engineering methods and analysis. Has increasing responsibility for technical decisions and interpretations. Provides technical guidance and leadership to others as needed. May be subject to shift work.
Responsible for understanding the cyber security plant networks architecture, operating systems, hardware platforms, and plant specific application. Performs cyber security assessments of critical digital assets, wireless walk downs of critical digital assets, conducting cyber security audits, network scans, and penetration test against critical digital assets.
Engineer III A four-year Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline or related applied science discipline (see approved list) from an ABET accredited institution plus five (5) years working experience in Engineering positions, of which one (1) year must be nuclear experience.
* *Engineer Sr A four-year Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline or related applied science discipline (see approved list) from an ABET accredited institution plus eight (8) years working experience in Engineering positions, of which three (3) years must be nuclear experience.
Nuclear requirement: Any PVGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. Any PVNGS employee may be called upon to support a refueling or short-notice outage. This includes line roles and responsibilities as necessary to execute outage activities. These are conditions of employment at PVNGS.
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications: Problem analysis/resolution techniques. Knowledge of applicable codes, standards, practices, methods and safety standards in the area of applicable engineering discipline. Experience in the utility industry. Professional Engineer licensure. Experience in the area of network infrastructures including network security, deploying and maintaining firewalls, deploying and maintaining network diodes. Capable of identifying vulnerabilities and hardening the network configuration to protecting against cyber-attacks. Experience in Windows, Linux servers and workstation configuration management. Must have the ability to follow processes, strong documentation, and communication skills.
1) Prepares engineering plans, designs, analysis, specifications, cost estimates, evaluations, studies, technical reviews, investigations and verifications. Complies with design, regulatory, operating and maintenance requirements. Ensures engineering analyses, design, project control, schedule commitments, or oversight work is technically sound, cost effective, and in compliance with established standards, codes, and regulations. Checks and reviews analysis, evaluations, and investigations of others.
2) Interfaces with customers and other departments to ensure project objectives are understood and that work scope meets customer requirements, budget and schedule. Contacts customers and various levels of management to obtain or present technical data. Presents the results of designs, studies projects (in terms of new techniques) or approaches to subordinates, colleagues, management and customers.
3) Enhances department performance and productivity and/or unit performance by formulating, coordinating, performing analysis and making recommendations forimprovements. Provides technical assistance and guidance to department personnel to enhance department performance and productivity.
4) May provide oversight of engineering technical programs by managing the program requirements, working with cross organizational partners, reviewing and internalizing operating experience and coordinating corrective actions to ensure engineering program elements continue to remain healthy.
5) May assume responsibility for small- to medium-scale projects which include planning, designing, scheduling and coordinating all facets of the project. Identifiespotential schedule or quality problems and initiates corrective action. Takes initiative to eliminate barriers and uses resources to ensure desired results. May interface with outside agencies and regulatory authorities.
6) Provides technical guidance and leadership to less experienced engineers.
7) May participate in developing long-range strategies for significant site problems.
8) Provides input to projects and recommends modifications to increase operating efficiency and/or reviews design and documentation of projects to ensure compliance with design specifications, schedules and any regulatory requirements.
9) Remains cognizant of current technology and engineering developments as well as industry and competitive developments.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 20200708
Location: Tonopah, AZ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time