TECO Energy Engineer II in Tampa, Florida
Date:Sep 15, 2021
Location: Tampa, Florida, US, 33602
Apply now »
Company:Peoples Gas System
State and City:Florida - Tampa
Shift:8 Hr. X 5 Days
Power up a career with us. Our People are our greatest investments. TECO Peoples Gas offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunities for growth and development in a friendly and professional work environment.
If you are interested in a career and not just a position, TECO Peoples Gasis the place to be!
TECO Peoples Gas is the largest natural gas distributor in Florida serving more than 400,000 customers across the state. Just as it was 125 years ago when we started as Tampa Gas Company, natural gas is today’s No. 1 choice for reliable energy. Join our team of energy experts as we build on that legacy through innovation and cost-effective sustainable energy solutions all while keeping top-notch customer service at the center of all we do.
TECO Peoples Gas is a subsidiary of Emera Inc., a family of energy companies which also includes Tampa Electric and New Mexico Gas Company. Emera provides energy to residential and commercial customers in the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean, with career opportunities available in all of these locations.
Overtime work as needed. Frequent outdoor exposure to construction activity and remote areas during project evaluation and routing. Must be willing to perform in emergency situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to work inside and outside for extended periods of time.
*Engineer classification is multi-level, based on the qualification guidelines as outlined in the Company’s Engineer Career Path, Administrative Policy 2.13
Responsible for maintaining, communicating, and implementing the key PGS operations, engineering, safety, training, and compliance standards, manuals, plans, and processes.
Central point of contact for all operational divisions and departments regarding implementation and maintaining these operational standards, plans, and processes; and primary operations liaison with corporate engineering Technical Standards to ensure business needs are met, fully leveraged and implemented.
Performs the functions of an Engineer II, Gas as required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out engineering tasks using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications and considering federal and state regulations.
• Support the development and maintenance of manuals and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance and best practices are adopted and used.o Operation and Maintenance Plans o Job Procedures/Guidelines o Construction Standards o Engineering Standards o Emergency Management Plans o Other required manuals and procedures
• Coordinates the management of change process and continuous improvement for company-wide standards, plans, and processes regarding gas operations, engineering, safety, training, and compliance. Works with team leads from Gas Operations, Engineering, Safety, Training, and Compliance to continually strive for documents that can enhance Company safety, efficiency, consistency, and standardization. Provides direction on creating user-friendly, accessible, consistent, informative standards, plans, and processes. Considers means to track personnel acknowledgements of published standards, plans, and processes.
• Oversee and coordinate activities of the Standards Committee. Evaluate data in industry publications, suppliers' catalogs, regulatory standards, and other sources of information on standards development and maintenance.
• Assist in the development of programs and related Company standards as they apply to outside contractors for the construction and maintenance of the Company’s gas facilities. Programs would involve implementation, field review, communication, ongoing support and monitoring.
• Provide Local/Territory operations with engineering specific specifications and recommendations as needed Travel throughout the Company’s service area to provide support as needed.
• Performs additional related duties as assigned by Manager, including, developing reports, gathering information and providing feedback and updates to department management on engineering and operations issues, and updates on all related issues.
Required: Minimum of bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university/college
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university/college
Required: Passed the Fundamental of Engineering (FE) exam
Preferred: Professional Engineer in Florida
Required: Minimum of 4 years of related experience as an Engineer
Preferred: Minimum of 2 years of related work experience in the natural gas industry; Experience in Document management software/processes
• Sustained demonstrated sound knowledge in the functional work area with an expected or higher degree of performance.
• Demonstrated knowledge of policies and work procedures within the Company.
• Knowledge of engineering procedures s and the ability to independently evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria using judgment.
• Ability to read and understand plans and alignment sheets.
• Ability to problem solve and to analyze problems logically.
• Good judgment; Strong organizational and project management skills, good written and oral communications skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Project.
• Builds Strong, Collaborative Relationships
• Cultivates Innovation and Embraces Change
• Develops People and Teams
• Drives Operational Excellence for Customers
• Takes Ownership & Acts with Integrity
READ THIS BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS JOB POSTING
To be considered for a position you must complete all portions of the application process. Keep in mind that the person considering your application does not know your skills or accomplishments even though you may have worked at TECO for many years. Give as much detail as possible on your work history. Show each job you have held since you started and list the duties of each. Having a resume attached ishighly recommendedand is expected by
most hiring managers.
The application/ resume will determine whether or not you will get an interview so the more detail the better your chances of being considered.
TECO Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law, except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement and the individual is unable to perform the essential functions of the position with reasonable accommodations.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all individuals, employment decisions at TECO Energy will be based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and abilities.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
It is the policy of TECO Energy to provide reasonable accommodation for all qualified disabled individuals who are employees and applicants for employment, unless it would cause undue hardship. The corporation will adhere to applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines, including, but not limited to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1970s.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation in the application process five business days prior to the time accommodation is needed.
Pre-employment physical exams may be required for positions with bona fide job-related physical requirements regardless of disability.