National Grid Lead Business Partner, Finance Business Partnering in Syracuse, New York
National Grid is hiring a Lead, Business Partner (New England) for our Finance Performance department in Brooklyn, NY, Syracuse, NY or Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
As Performance Finance Business Partner, act to:
• Support, challenge and drive the strategic/financial decisions across the New England Business Unit and Functions through support of NG’s transformation and efficiency initiatives and governance of the evolution / efficiencies program.
• Ensure Business Partners and finance decision makers have all relevants and available information in a timely manner before decisions are made.
• Assist in developing strategies with business stakeholders which meet future business and energy needs and operate within the economic and regulatory environment.
• Support in the management and leadership of NE / NY Performance FBP team.
For each relevant business area:
• Support effective working relationships across Finance, Functions, Transformation Offices, and Intiatives to achieve NE performance targets. Work to establish and reinforce effective governance models for benefit realization.
• Actively partner with BP teams to impact the shape of commercial and non-financial performance related decisions. Drive the management of performance, financial risks and the implementation & maintenance of controls.
• Support the long term business & financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes, and value case development to drive performance. Understand the main components of plans, forecasts and budgets for Business, Functions, and Efficiency Intiaitives, including how business objectives, and regulatory constructs and drivers impact financial performance.
• Present as ‘one finance team’ at all times and align the service provided to the business through the ‘embedded/focused/self-service’ model.
• Work with FP&A to support the delivery of the relevant business area / functions’ financial response to rate case outcomes and maximise future allowances for ongoing investment in infrastructure and services. Deliver the best possible outcome so as to outperform targets.
• Support the presentation and/or present the monthly results in a style suitable for both a finance and non-finance audience, delivering insight and highlighting priority areas for focus, ensuring efficiencies are optimized for the longer term. Work with stakeholders to develop action plans to address issues and ensure corrective actions are delivered on a timely basis.
• Support the investment appraisal process for relevant business area / functions, informing decision making with insight and optimization opportunities, to ensure that all current and future investments are made in line with the business strategy, regulatory constructs and value requirements.
• Help shape the definition of value, key drivers which create value and the KPIs which measure value; and ensure these are used to inform performance management, decision making, and planning for the future.
• Support the implementation of continuous improvement and performance excellence activities, consistently achieving strong results.
• Engage with stakeholders internally and externally to understand best practices and to influence decision makers. Develop operational experience by attending Business Unit / Function sites that will assist in transposing financial results to operational activities in the field.
• Maintain active two-way communications with the Corporate Finance / FP&A group.
Bachelor’s Degree required, with 5 – 7+ years of progressive growth in finance-enabled business support roles.
Broad range of financial, management and business decision support experience.
Experience in utility service business activities and systems preferred.
Excellent written / oral communications skills and follow-up.
Demonstrated ability to lead teammates in more effective completion of activities.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.