Dominion Energy Generation Project Manager - SLR in SURRY, Virginia
Generation Project Manager - SLR
At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
A Generation Project Manager is needed to support the Subsequent License Renewal (SLR) – Major Project management team at Surry Power Station in Surry, VA.
Manages or supports specific phases of major projects including business development support, site development, permitting support (air, water, state, local, etc.), scope development, major contract negotiations (equipment, engineering or EPC), engineering, procurement, and construction contracts, construction activities, commissioning and transition to commercial operation.
Manages all phases of smaller improvement projects including permitting, contract negotiations, engineering contracts, construction contracts, construction activities and commissioning.
Supports development and management of specific portions of major projects budget and schedule.
Develops and manages overall project budget and schedule for smaller projects.
Projects ranging in size from major complex projects to smaller improvement projects in existing generating facilities.
Major complex projects may include new generating facilities (coal, combined cycle and nuclear), environmental projects (cooling towers, wet or dry scrubbers, baghouse and SCR) and nuclear modifications (reactor head or steam generator replacement).
Smaller projects in existing facilities may include system upgrades, improvements associated with new regulations, boiler refurbishments or any other projects associated with maintaining or improving existing generating facilities.
Multiple complex projects including turbine upgrades.
Typically reports to Director, Project Director or Manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
• A minimum of 7 years of nuclear industry experience in the areas of construction, engineering, finance and/or management with a minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in project management.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in project management, relevant technologies, and leadership in the assigned project areas.
• Strong team building skills, demonstrated skill and ability in effectively leading teams to achieve project goals and milestones.
• Effective negotiation skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal, facilitation, and presentation capabilities.
• Ability to develop, manage and monitor project performance to ensure results meet project requirements and schedules.
• Ability to manage project risk through collaboration with the project team, station stakeholders, suppliers, and executive leadership.
• Ability to coordinate the resolution of technical problems and implement changes.
• Ability to work and develop rapport with all levels of management and staff.
• Ability to represent the project and the company in public forums
• Ability to mentor and provide guidance to developing project managers
• BS degree in Engineering, Business or Construction Management preferred
• Project Management Certificate preferred.
Education Level: Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor , Other Education: Business, Engineering, Engineering Technology, Construction Management
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Other: Project Management certification preferred. Millstone must meet ANSI N18.1-1971, Section 4.6.2
Cold Up to 25%
Office Work Environment 76 -100%
Outdoors Up to 25%
Travel Up to 25%
Other Working Conditions
No Testing Required
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Top 3 Reasons to Work at Dominion Energy 1. Great Work Life Balance2. Generous Pay and Benefits3. Collaborative & Inclusive Culture
About Dominion Energy I am your warm cup of coffee in the morning and I light your home at night. I am the cool breeze from your A/C on the hottest day in summer, and the red coil that heats your soup pot on a frigid winter’s day. I am sustainable, reliable and affordable. I am not just any energy… I am Dominion Energy. We're transforming the way we do business to build a more sustainable future for the planet, our customers, our team and our industry. We're shaping the future of energy in America. Join us!
Facts:·21,000 employees·Headquarters: Richmond, VA·16 states in the US·$100 billion of assets·Nearly $35 million in charitable contributions·100,000+ volunteer hours recorded in the community
Nearest Major Market:Richmond Job Segment: Project Manager, Engineer, Business Development, Manager, Nuclear, Technology, Engineering, Sales, Management, Energy
Check out other featured jobs:
- Dominion Energy Jobs