Eversource Energy Lead Engineer (Dist Eng) (Western CT) in Stamford, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position has shared responsibilitywith the Distribution Engineering Managerfor optimizing the cost and performance of the assets of the transmission/distribution system.This position is responsible for the strategic development, expansion, planning, design, maintenance and operation of the system and its equipment to meet the mission and objectives of the organization.The Lead will be actively involved in normal supervisory duties, responsible for the engineering decisions of their Distribution Engineering Teams and will audit their work as appropriate.Will serve on the CTPAC Committee (Connecticut Project Authorization Committee), reviewing and approving major projects within CT.Lead and/or participate on teams that address local and CT wide issues.Coordinates and leads the evaluation of lessons learned, system failures, root cause analysis, including the development of resolutions to provide support to Operations/Maintenance.Lead and/or participate in design teams involved with major projects, area studies and engineering large new services.
- Manages, coaches, develops and reviews performance of engineers and other staff.
- Responsible for the cost and performance of certain assets on the system including reliability analysis and trending of system events and monitoring of equipment condition.
- Responsible for circuit and substation load planning for both normal and contingency events.
- Responsible for the development of preliminary engineering designs and the details, as necessary.
- Collaborates with other Engineers within Engineering to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- Able to work with cross-functional teams to resolve local and CT wide issues. Willing to compromise when necessary to achieve consensus position and supports the ultimate decision on a going-forward basis
- Provides technical support and direction to operating areas relative to system priorities, engineering guidelines and operating decisions during normal and emergency situations.
- Accountable for root-cause analysis, development and implementation of corrective actions.
- Works closely with Investment Planning on project justification and financial rationing.
- Responsible to assist with for the evaluation and selection of technology and equipment for the system.
- Responsible to assist with for the development of standards and procedures for design, operation and maintenance.
- Assumes the role of Project Manager, as required.
- Demonstrates competency and proficiency in oral and written communications; is customer driven; displays initiative; accepts responsibility; holds others accountable; participates in and facilitates team effectiveness; assumes the role of team leader; thinks and acts analytically; makes sound decisions to support the mission; applies knowledge and skill to solve problems and respond promptly, appropriately and constructively to employees.
- Has demonstrated through sufficient experience, very high standards of professional and technical competence, and to have a complete and thorough knowledge of technical skills. Has thorough knowledge of construction, operating, and maintenance procedures and practices pertaining to the engineering of distribution lines.
Education: Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related discipline.
Experiences: Minimum of eight (8) years in utility distribution engineering. Supervisory experience preferred.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor