NextEra Energy Senior Software Development Engineer Windlogics in St. Paul, Minnesota
Senior Software Development Engineer Windlogics
Date:May 31, 2018
Primary Location:St. Paul, MN, US, 55107
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 24665
provides innovative forecasting and optimization solutions that enable low cost, reliable and sustainable power systems.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering with 3+ years of software development experience or MS degree and 1 year of software development experience
- Experience in the following tools and frameworks: Eclipse, jQuery
- Experience using Git for source code management
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience using the Agile Scrum development process, including Scrum Master experience
- Experience working with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and Cassandra
- Experience working with graph databases
- Experience with Apache ServiceMix (or other ESB’s)
- Experience with the Spring framework including Spring Batch and Spring Boot
- Experience with Hadoop
- Experience writing Spark jobs using Scala
- Experience using R
- Experience using Maven for builds and dependency management
- Experience using Docker for deployment Job Overview This position writes and tests software to aid in development and support of products. Individuals in this role work with Technical Leads on software system architecture and service design and typically leads a module in the system. This position participates in required product development process ceremonies. Employees in this role are responsible for writing and refining technical requirements and technical design documentation.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Codes in multiple languages in support of software products and the development of software products
- Conducts system testing and codes unit tests and support features
- Documents technical requirement and other technical documentation
- Works with product team to refine product requirements
- Collaborates on high level software design projects and software system architecture and creates effective component level architectures
- Leads software module construction from architecture and design to implementation and may lead a small team of engineers in building the module
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Experience: 7+ years Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor’s - Engineering
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Science, Research, and Technology Organization: WindLogics Inc Location: St. Paul, Minnesota Other Work Locations: Minnesota Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Minneapolis Job Segment:Power Systems, Sustainability, Energy