Ameren Transmission Outage Coordinator in St. Louis, Missouri
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:
About The Position
The Transmission Outage Coordinator develops well-planned consistent job packages and comprehensive outage schedules for Transmission, incorporating transmission engineering design, construction activities and transmission maintenance activities.
Key responsibilities include:
● Lead the development of comprehensive major and short term transmission system outage schedules that ensure optimal durations versus costs for Transmission.
● Ensure coordination among all internal and external work groups that promotes safety, quality, teamwork, outage schedule adherence, budget compliance, including but not limited to engineering design, distribution control offices, construction, and project management.
● Enter outage requests with the Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) via the MISO outage request portal per the submission guidelines.
● Provide transmission operations and technical expertise to capital project scope development work/teams and offer input from an Operations perspective in terms of outage constraints, operational flexibility, and system enhancements.
● Apply significant expertise to assess the Bulk Electric System (BES) and making key decisions on outage sequencing and constraints to preserve the reliability of the BES.
● When necessary, perform the duties of Ameren’s System Operator with the responsibility and authority to implement real-time actions that ensure the safe, stable and reliable operation of the Bulk Electric System.
● Provide mentorship and informal leadership to less-experienced coworkers.
● Perform special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited University required, electrical preferred. Seven or more years of relevant experience (e.g. system operations, construction, system protection, design engineering) required. Three or more years of supervisory or high-level team/project leadership required.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Ability to work on complex projects and to work effectively with conflicting priorities and stressful situations in a team-oriented environment. Excellent oral and written communications skills and computer skills. Must maintain competency in NERC Standards and must pass NERC System Operator Certification within one year. Maintain knowledge of generation methods and equipment and transmission systems/equipment and act accordingly. Maintain knowledge of MISO operational reliability practices and SERC (NERC regional reliability entity) supplements and their respective policies and act accordingly. Possess knowledge of interconnected system operations, emergency operations, restoration procedures, generation methods, operating reserve requirements, voltage and VAR control and power flows. Demonstrated ability to use computers and analytical methods to analyze various operational problems. Must pass NERC Cyber Security Background check. Knowledge of EMS / SCADA and or industrial control systems and processes. Competency in Transmission specific computer applications.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation powers the quality of life for 2.4 million electric customers and more than 900,000 natural gas customers in a 64,000-square-mile area through its Ameren Missouri and Ameren Illinois rate-regulated utility subsidiaries. Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Ameren Missouri provides electric generation, transmission and distribution service, as well as natural gas distribution service. Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois develops, owns and operates rate-regulated regional electric transmission projects. For more information, visit Ameren.com, or follow us on Twitter at @AmerenCorp, Facebook.com/AmerenCorp, or LinkedIn/company/Ameren.