Spire Energy Network Engineer III in St Louis, Missouri
Network Engineer III
Apply now »
Date: Mar 9, 2020
St Louis, MO, US, 63101
Company: Spire Inc.
At Spire, we believe energy exists to help people. To enrich their lives, grow their businesses, advance their communities. It’s a simple idea, but one that’s at the heart of our business. We’re dedicated to understanding our customers’ needs and goals to better serve them today and tomorrow. That’s why we’re always looking for driven, collaborative people to join our team. Because we believe that offering our customers the best service means bringing together the best people.
We value safety, inclusion, and integrity. We connect to people, get the job done, and leave a memory and everything about our culture comes back to one thing: a handshake at the front door. We have 4 essential behaviors that show how the Spire culture comes to life:
Living Spire Behaviors
We Collaborate: We reach across boundaries to connect with each other and deliver on our promises. We put teamwork first, knowing that our collective energy makes us stronger.
We Care: We create good memories by treating people how we want to be treated: We are inclusive, respectful and kind. We actively create a caring culture that feels like a handshake at the front door.
We Advance: We are active learners who never stop looking for ways to innovate and improve ourselves, and our company. We embrace ongoing development and process improvement with passion and tenacity.
We Have Perspective: We strive to gain additional perspective about Spire’s business and the ever-changing energy industry. We know that every employee plays an important role in Spire’s success, and we give our best to better understand how to help move the company forward.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for maintaining our current systems and keeping our IT support staff updated on the latest tools and processes. The ideal candidate for this position is experienced and certified to work with networking equipment and is well-versed in Windows-based computing solutions and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Install, configure, and maintain the organization’s Routers, Switches, Load Balancers, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention and Detection
• Recommend solutions to enhance network performance
• Schedule regular maintenance for the application of security patches and upgrades for network devices and software
• Work with vendors, if necessary, for budgetary pricing and purchases of hardware and services
• Troubleshoot and resolve network problems
• Monitor network traffic via approved software
• Work with Information Security on secured configurations and policies for network devices
• Mitigate risks associated with vulnerability assessments
• Review and develop procedures and document resolutions
• Establish detailed procedures for training and reference
• Keep network diagrams and documentation current
• Participate in a on call rotation
Required Education (certifications, licenses)
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, a related discipline or equivalent experience
• CCNA, Network + or other industry certifications a plus
Required knowledge, skill and abilities
• 5 years’ experience in enterprise network technology
• Ability to demonstrate the core and job category competencies: customer-focused, results-driven, teamwork, communications, adaptability, initiative, problem solving and quality
• Ability to lead by example in support of the Company’s essential characteristics and values: strong ethics and integrity, dedication to a safe work environment, commitment to a diverse workforce that recognizes and respects every individual’s unique skills and perspectives
Physical demands, environment and schedule
Normal office / Data Center environment, Monday – Friday with frequent off hours and weekend work to accommodate maintenance.
25% Travel required
We Have Perspective
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Posting requirements: The above posting description is intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Spire, Inc., and its subsidiaries are Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please view our Integrity and Inclusion pages of our career site.
Job Location: St Louis
Job Segment: Network, Network Engineer, Cisco, Engineer, Information Systems, Technology, Engineering
Apply now »
Find similar jobs: