Ameren Enterprise Architect (Applications) in St. Louis, Missouri
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:
About The Position
The Enterprise Architect (Application) will lead the development of the future-state architecture for the portfolio of applications, products, systems and platforms for his/her area of responsibility.
Key responsibilities include:Establishing architectural vision & roadmap – The individual will work with architecture team, business stakeholders, analysts and technical staff to craft a shared vision of the applications, platforms, systems and services in his/her portfolio, while employing standards and practices to provide a secure, innovative and cost-effective environment. They will also work with these same resources to share this vision across the organization. The individual will oversee the evolution of this shared vision as new products, applications and platforms are added to the Ameren portfolio mix. The individual will also be responsible for guiding the development of reference architectures and technology roadmaps and helping migrate from legacy to modern technologies. The scope of the portfolios includes (but is not limited to) customer-facing applications, websites and portals, mobile applications, CRM systems, IVR applications, integration technologies, analytics platforms, customer service and billing systems, as well as corporate applications (HR, Finance, Supply Chain systems etc.). New Technology introduction: The individual will also guide the evaluation of new strategic technologies and emerging standards that fit Ameren’s future needs as well as establish processes that govern selection, prototyping and adoption of different technologies. To be successful, the person must have the desire to understand the needs of Ameren’s customers and internal business stakeholders, be conversant with the emerging technology trends and practices within the industry, and maintain good working relationships with the rest of the organization. Architecture Guidance & Consulting – The individual will guide the technical, solution and software architects that are assigned to different product and application teams and ensure consistency of practices and standards, define how each product fits into the overall big-picture and how different products, systems and services, leveraging best practices, should integrate. The individual will build a Community of Practice for solutions architecture while leveraging architectural tools, processes, and practices. The individual will periodically consult on major initiatives to guide key design decisions and may be called in to help identify solutions to complex technical and business problems as well. Finally, the individual will partner with other enterprise architects to build the architecture practice across the Ameren organization.
● Bachelor's degree required from an accredited college or university, preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or business. Master's degree is preferred.
● 12+ years of relative IT architecture experience, with at least 10 years with application architecture and at least 6+ years of experience in large scale technology architecture definition, and integration of new technologies and solutions.
● 5+ years of experience in developing architecture road maps, reference architectures, and evangelizing adoption of architecture principles in the design and delivery of technology solutions. Prior experience at modernizing legacy platforms required.
● Experience with cloud native architectures, containers, micro services, enterprise integration platforms, messaging infrastructures, n-tiered and event driven architectures. Experience integrating on premise applications with cloud-based applications and platforms required.
● Experience guiding custom application development (.NET, Java, Angular, etc.) including web, single- page and mobile applications.
● Experience leading build vs. buy decisions and integrating with third-party applications and systems. This includes experience with CRM systems (Salesforce preferred), ERP and supply chain systems (Oracle EBS preferred), and other backend systems like HR etc.
● Experience working as an architect and delivering successful projects in both agile and waterfall environments.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to present complex ideas to business and IT executives in a simplified way.
● Experience mentoring technical and solution architects in good design principles.
● Experience working with IVR applications preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
● Proven ability to deliver innovative transformational IT projects, with focus on business value and technical milestones required
● Ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple technology solutions by influencing future technology decisions and directions required
● Must possesses solid financial discipline with the ability to communicate facts with an eye towards cost vs. benefit.
● Must be a confident and innovative leader, excellent communicator and accomplished driver of large- scale technology delivery.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation powers the quality of life for 2.4 million electric customers and more than 900,000 natural gas customers in a 64,000-square-mile area through its Ameren Missouri and Ameren Illinois rate-regulated utility subsidiaries. Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Ameren Missouri provides electric generation, transmission and distribution service, as well as natural gas distribution service. Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois develops, owns and operates rate-regulated regional electric transmission projects. For more information, visit Ameren.com, or follow us on Twitter at @AmerenCorp, Facebook.com/AmerenCorp, or LinkedIn/company/Ameren.