Washington Gas Light Co. Sr Gate Station Operations Specialist in Springfield, Virginia
Responsible for the development, implementation, and recordkeeping of training, operational procedures, maintenance procedures, and departmental guidelines in Gate Station Operations. Provides expert technical support and troubleshooting assistance to field personnel. Provides direct support of field operations. Serves on a 24-hour on-call basis.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Provides expert troubleshooting and technical support for all Gate Station equipment and control systems.
• Analyzes the performance of equipment in odorization, measurement, and pressure regulation systems.
• Develops and maintains standard operational designs of Gate Station facilities.
• Assists in the design of new gas odorization, measurement, and regulation facilities.
• Develops and provides specialized training for the personnel who operate and maintain Gate Station facilities.
• Collaborates with area personnel to determine employee development requirements.
• Coordinates and schedules training sessions in conjunction with yearly workloads.
• Provides field follow-up training to evaluate the effectiveness of training programs.
• Creates and administers grade qualifying tests for area personnel.
• Responsible for the Operator Qualification (OQ) testing and record keeping of area personnel.
• Develops and maintains policies, procedures, guidelines, and programs for the O&M of Gate Station facilities.
• Provides field audits to verify compliance with policies and procedures.
• Leads equipment maintenance programs for Gate Station facilities as needed.
• Serves as project manager on capital and maintenance projects as assigned.
• Maintains spare part and equipment inventories for gate station systems as needed.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the Gate Station Operations on-call list.
• Assists Manager – Gate Station Operations as needed.
• Represents the Company’s interests to internal and external customers.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• 10+ Years Direct technical experience in Gate Station Operations or equivalent with demonstrated leadership ability required
• Experience in the operations and maintenance of natural gas processing facilities is required.
• Must be able to proficiently operate information technology equipment to manage and evaluate data.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Must have the ability to quickly evaluate and assess emergency response situations.
• Must have the ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners.
• Must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner (both written and verbal).
• Must be a strong team leader and a good team member.
• Must be customer oriented.
• Must possess a strong knowledge of:
• Instrumentation systems related to the operation of natural gas processing facilities.
• Operation and maintenance of mechanical and electronic equipment in natural gas processing facilities.
• Process control theory.
• Math and analytical skills.
• Computer skills.
• Technical writing.
• Applicable Federal and State Regulations.
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL Holdings, Inc. is a public utility holding company and the parent company of WGL, a diversified energy business that provides natural gas, electricity, green power, carbon reduction and energy services. Our calling as a company is to make energy surprisingly easy - for our employees, for our community and for all our customers. WGL and its affiliates are committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status. sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or mental disabilities, political affiliation, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.