Associated Electric Cooperative, Inc. Engineer in Springfield, Missouri
Discover a POWERful career at Associated Electric! Our organization offers challenging and rewarding work with career development and internal mobility opportunities - all within a family friendly and community centric culture. Our purpose is simple - to provide safe, reliable and affordable energy for our member-owners. At Associated Electric, one of the largest electric cooperatives in the nation, opportunities to gain valuable experience and contribute new ideas in an ever-changing industry are endless.
We are currently seeking applicants for a Project Engineer with solid mechanical project management experience. This position is in the Engineering Projects department of our Power Production division located in Springfield, MO. The primary responsibility will be to provide technical support for the operation/maintenance of the existing plant generation fleet by solving problems and executing projects. All levels of experience will be considered.
· Provide technical support for issues related to mechanical equipment maintenance or operation
· Manage intermediate to large engineering projects for plant generation fleet
· Study and solve engineering problems requiring some originality or ingenuity
· Evaluate costs and capabilities of new concepts, methods or equipment and provide recommendations for implementation
· Investigate and determine economic feasibility and justification of proposed engineering concepts
· Check designs and details for technical accuracy and recommend revisions or concept expansion for problem resolution
· Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience
· Minimum of 5 years of related experience, demonstrating a solid understanding of plant operations and maintenance, including mechanical systems and equipment, and extensive trouble shooting
· PE license preferred
· Minimum 25% travel required to other facilities
AECI provides a competitive total compensation package including paid health care and dental premiums starting on day one with vision plans available. Basic life, short-term disability and long-term disability are paid for by AECI as well as a 401k with an employer match. Invest in yourself with our tuition reimbursement and enjoy time away with Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays. Wellness incentives and employee assistance programs are also available. Come join a team where your talents are appreciated, your voice is heard, and your work has an impact!
To apply for a position, please visit www.aeci.org/careers. You will be able to upload additional applicant documents (i.e. resume, cover letter). AECI is fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity and affirmative action in all aspects of employment. Please contact us if you require assistance in filling out an application. Individuals with disabilities should request reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act prior to an appointment.
Internal/External Posting Date: 9/2/2021
An equal opportunity employer and provider/disability/veteran. (http://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Discover a POWERful opportunity at Associated Electric Cooperative.About 910,000 homes, farms and businesses count on their rural electric cooperatives to deliver electricity 24/7. And they do with power from Associated Electric, the wholesale power supplier to six regional generation and transmission cooperatives (G&Ts) that serve 51 local electric cooperatives in Missouri, southeast Iowa and northeast Oklahoma. Each employee at Associated Electric plays a part in providing economic and reliable power to member-owners. Associated employs about 700 people full time at one Arkansas and three Missouri locations, offering employment opportunities across a wide spectrum of technical, operational and professional disciplines. The cooperative is committed to employees and provides a competitive compensation and benefit package, as well as opportunities for personal and professional development. Associate Electric has many strengths: tremendous generation and transmission assets; a strong balance sheet; and a dedicated, talented workforce. If you are ready to work with a company whose financial position and credit ratings continue to be among the best in the country and in a work environment where leaders truly care about the well-being of the workforce, you have come to the right place.