UNS Energy Corporation Systems Administrator (I-Sr)-SGS in Springerville, Arizona
Tucson Electric Power, one of Arizona's leading utility companies and primary subsidiary of UNS Energy Corporation, is seeking candidates for the position of Systems Administrator (I-Sr.)at it's power plant facility in Springerville. The Springerville Generating Station operates four coal-fired units north of Springerville - a small town community located near the beautiful White Mountains in northeastern Arizona at an elevation of approximately 7000 feet. This area is noted for it's four seasons and year round activities; including hunting, fishing, snow skiing, hiking, mountain biking and more. Presenting an excellent opportunity for those who enjoy living in a small-town environment, yet within 30 minutes of Sunrise Ski Resort and 3-4 hours from Flagstaff, Phoenix, Tucson and Albuquerque.
*This postion will remain open until filled and may close at any time. *UNS Energy offers a generous package of salary, benefits and compensation. Our benefits package includes a 401k plan with a generous Company match, a Company sponsored pension plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance and much more.
Works closely with the IT Operations teams to design, plan, implement, and administrate of the systems infrastructure at Springerville Generating Station. Participates in a team environment that provides cost-effective IT services to the various business units. Works closely with other Information Services personnel to maintain a seamless IT environment.
**Essential Functions:(As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.)
- Collaborate with IT Operations on designs solutions for the Springerville Generating Station
- Document infrastructure designs and configurations
- Define and follow Standard Operating Procedures within IT Operations
- Provide Help Desk and Desktop Support services
- Collaborate with the Systems team to build, maintain, and patch local servers
- Assist NATS with network and wireless infrastructure services
- Provide Cisco phone support at Springerville
- Provide cellular phone support at Springerville
- Collaborate with IT Security on security matters on locally maintained servers/firewalls
- Ensure change control processes are followed and service levels affected by those changes are maintained
- Maintain Springerville specific software and hardware inventory in selected work management tool
- Evaluate vendor products and services to ensure solid hardware and software platforms
- Measure performance of the systems and takes appropriate actions to ensure that performance is maintained
- Lead and participate in IT projects
_Knowledge, Skills & Abilities_ (Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.)
Entry level support technician.
High school diploma or GED.
Effective written and oral communication skills are required plus a willingness to learn in a rapidly changing environment.
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Technical knowledge of desktop hardware.
Windows, other infrastructure systems aptitude is required.
Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
Ability to be on-call 24/7.
Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline is preferred or 1-2 years’ experience.
Minimum qualfications of Level I plus a corporate infrastructure background.
Assists more experienced administrators on projects and deals with day to day support.
Requires Industry certifications (i.e. MCSE) or equivalent experience of 3-5 years in an infrastructure discipline.
Preferred qualifications of Level I.
Individual is considered at full proficiency in the infrastructure field and a leader on the team.
Minimum qualifications of Level II plus team leadership abilities.
Requires self-direction and the ability to work with vendors on creating statements of work and completing that work.
Requires industry certifications (i.e. MCSE) or equivalent experience of 5-7 or more years in an infrastructure discipline.
Preferred qualifications of Level II.
Minimum qualifications Level III and the ability to lead all infrastructure projects across the enterprise.
Requires industry certification (i.e. MCSE) or equivalent experience of 7 or more years in an infrastructure discipline.
Completes projects and provides strategic direction on how the systems should evolve.
Visionary that is proficient at all required systems aspects and helps others to become more proficient.
Preferred qualifications of Level III.
Flexibility & Adaptability
Results & Execution Orientation
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct and maintain:
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Safety and situational awareness
- Confidentiality for all matters regarding highly sensitive corporate and employee information
Company: Tucson Electric Power
Location: Springerville, AZ
Job Category: Information Technology
Position Type: Unclassified