Eversource Energy Gas Control System Supervisor in Southborough, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)This position reports directly to the Senior Supervisor Gas Control. The Gas Control System Supervisor operates and monitors the Massachusetts and Connecticut natural gas distribution systems on a 24/7 basis under the Eversource Control Room Management Plan (CRM). These activities provide a safe and reliable supply of natural gas to customers by operating the distribution systems within the limits of applicable Federal, State, and Company codes and standards.
This position reports directly to the Senior Supervisor Gas Control. The Gas Control System Supervisor operates and monitors the Massachusetts and Connecticut natural gas distribution systems on a 24/7 basis under the Eversource Control Room Management Plan (CRM). These activities provide a safe and reliable supply of natural gas to customers by operating the distribution systems within the limits of applicable Federal, State, and Company codes and standards.
The Gas Control System Supervisor is the ‘System Quarterback’, independently responsible for providing oversight, authorization to proceed, and supervision for the gas system, ensuring safe and reliable flows, pressures, volumes, odorization rates, and other specified parameters while operating the Company Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System (SCADA). These 24/7 shift duties are performed with personal accountability and system responsibility under the Eversource Control Room Management (CRM) plan 49 CFR 192.631 policies and procedures and while providing reasonable suspicion and fitness for duty assessments of co-workers and on-call field personnel who are working on system after hours. Position responsibilities include:
Monitors and operates the gas distribution systems within prescribed limits.
- Provides 24/7 authorization to proceed for OM 140 qualified work.
- Has authority to direct personnel to respond to SCADA alarms.
- Has authority to direct personnel to make system changes.
- Responsible for executing and directing OM 441 SCADA Point-to-Point procedure.
- Reports Abnormal Operating Conditions to appropriate personnel in accordance with CRM
- Forecasts and dispatches LNG for the three Eversource LNG Plants.
- Directs LNG Plant personnel to cool down, send-out, and secure the vaporization process.
- Monitors LNG activity that could impact system operations.
- Monitors daily system supply requirements and advises the Gas Supply department of load and weather changes.
- Provides volume checks and variances for Firm and Transportation supply nominations using the pipeline EBBs.
- Coordinates field maintenance activities with Field Work Coordinators and other field personnel.
- Provides clearance for Pipeline Company personnel making system adjustments and repairs as well as entering and exiting Eversource and Pipeline Company shared facilities.
- Logs all pertinent shift activity in electronic log book and performs shift turnover per CRM.
- Coordinates Gas Control emergency response activity in accordance with CRM requirements.
- Reviews all reports and logs provided by the SCADA system daily.
- Ensures field personnel follow CRM based procedures to include point-to-point verifications, three-part communication, and response to system alarms.
- Contacts after hour support personnel to include, but not limited to I&R, SCADA, IT, LNG, System Analysis, Eversource Communications, and Telecommunication Companies.
- Performs Technician Call Outs for I&R and LNG personnel.
- Maintains Eversource Federally Mandated Operator Qualifications and CRM System Operation Qualifications.
- Participates in the Company’s Performance Review Program and Field Training opportunities in respective states.
- Perform other business required tasks.
- Requires a high degree of technical knowledge in natural gas transmission, distribution system configuration, and gas regulator station/SCADA system operations
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Ability to read mapping systems,
- Understanding of gas pressure and flow relationships, remote telemetering and control, LNG operations, applicable Federal and State codes, GIS
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent Business-related discipline preferred or equivalent experience
- Five (5) years related work experience in an operational/managerial environment.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which involves sitting, standing, and general movement throughout the office area.
- The Gas Control System Supervisor works a 12-hour rotating shift which also includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
- This position is subject to the DOT random drug testing program.
· This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Mental Aspects :
- Must have excellent work management, prioritization skills, and the ability to communicate between multiple departments and companies. Must possess the ability to read and understand plans, schematics, and GIS systems.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs