Eversource Energy Supervisor, Technical Training (Electric Operations) in South Hooksett, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
This position designs, develops, and delivers technical training programs to ensure the safe and effective performance of Electric Field Operations employees. Training delivery includes traditional classroom, virtual classroom, and on-the-job training and would incorporate both conceptual and hands-on instructional methods. Responsibilities would also include evaluating trainee performance, developing and administering assessments, utilizing technology across multiple modes of training delivery, program quality assurance, and producing training data reports. This position would have primary responsibility for the Electric Operations Supervisor Training Program.
- Works with field personnel and supervisors to analyze job tasks and current field performance to determine training needs and program content.
- Effectively implements training programs and field quality audit programs.
- Supervises, directs and instructs trainees during classroom, hands-on and on-the-job training assignments.
- Evaluates performance during training and follows up on students learning through field visits, observations and refresher training.
- Provides updates and incorporates new procedures and revisions into training programs and reviews work with vendors, technical experts, engineers, field personnel to provide operational input into the selection and operation on new equipment and development of new construction standards.
- Knowledge of utility transmission and distribution system design, construction, operation, and maintenance principles and practices, safety standards and business processes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to present theory and concepts, as well as hands-on technical instruction with clarity, confidence and enthusiasm.
- Leadership and coaching abilities.
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word & Excel).
- Working knowledge of labor contracts.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related discipline, or equivalent experience is required. A Bachelor's degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in Transmission, Distribution, and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers, and supervising employees is required.
Licenses & Certifications:
- A valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License is required; D.O.T. preferred.
- Work is performed primarily in an office, classroom and field environment which requires sitting, walking, standing, stair climbing, using a telephone and computer and attending meetings.
- On occasion, drives to various work center locations across NH, MA, and CT to deliver training, make field visits, conduct observations, and evaluate field personnel and/or equipment.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs