Eversource Energy Program Manager, Compliance and Regulatory Affairs in South Hooksett, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Has the lead Transmission role in the coordination, monitoring, and influencing of regulatory and legislative initiatives at the federal, regional, and state level. Represents Eversource transmission’s strategic and operational interests with FERC, DOE, EEI, and related governmental-industry organizations. Responsible for monitoring and analyzing pending legislation that may impact Transmission. Manages and coordinates position development and prepared comments on all FERC, DOE, EEI, and legislative policy issues. Responsible for coordinating Transmission’s interaction with various cross functional teams and leading cross-functional issue teams. Responsible for managing and coordinating Transmission’s interaction with federal policy discussion forums. Serves as Transmission’s educational resource on FERC, DOE, EEI, and legislative policy matters. Has lead role in assisting Transmission’s executive team in the preparation of regulatory and legislative policy reports to the Board of Directions, Management Committee, and TG Leadership.
- Manage relationships with Regulatory Relations and Legal with respect to FERC, DOE, EEI and other governmental-industry organization policy matters. Responsible for reporting and coordinating transmission’s interests and providing a single point of contact for Transmission, Regulatory Relations, Legal and Government Affairs with respect to transmission-related federal policy matters.
- Track, interpret, and report on state public policy and legislative initiatives that could impact the strategic direction of the Transmission. Responsible for coordinating Transmission’s interests and providing a single point of contact for Government Affairs with respect to transmission-related state legislative matters. Responsible for the development of key messages in support of Government Affairs outreach to state legislators.
- Work with transmission experts to develop and communicate Transmission’s position on various technical and policy matters.
- Ensure that Transmission’s positions and policies are consistent with Eversource stated business objectives.
- Based on technical expertise provided, prepare and coordinate Transmission’s comments on all FERC, DOE, EEI, legislative, and related policy matters. Coordinate as necessary with other Eversource departments and management, including Regulatory Relations, Legal and Government Affairs.
- Actively monitor and ensure participation in all national and regional forums that impact Transmission’s interests and policy objectives.
- Provide counsel and routine updates to the Transmission executive team and other Transmission departments as needed on all FERC, DOE, EEI, legislative and related matters.
- Project Management and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in verbal and written communications, and formal presentations. Technical writing skills a plus.
- Demonstrate expertise in relationship/team building and key stakeholder relationship building.
- Demonstrate ability to influence and lead others.
- Ability to provide both a high-level strategic viewpoint and detail-based analyses.
- Ability to work effectively and represent Transmission positions with all levels of the NU organization, agencies of federal and state government, other organizations, and the media. Demonstrated ability to coordinate and lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong ability to bridge technical/political issues and present technical matters in a clear and articulate manner.
- Proven track-record in planning, coordinating and managing diverse projects.
- Proven ability to build trust, negotiate and develop common solutions with internal and external groups.
Baccalaureate degree in business, engineering, science, or related discipline.
Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of experience. Prior experience representing/negotiating business interests to a regional or industry organization is desirable. Comprehensive understanding of the electric utility industry.
Licenses & Certifications: None
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs