Eversource Energy Gas Technical Trainer in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Plans, designs, develops, coordinates, schedules and conducts technical training related to Gas operations, associated equipment, and emergency procedures. Interprets local, state and national codes for field personnel.
- Identifies technical training needs related to gas systems and associated equipment including emergency procedures on an as needed basis.
- Designs and develops effective training programs and materials. (Including hands-on simulations and/or videos)
- Schedules and conducts technical training classes.
- Provides technical training to meet the requirements of the Company’s Apprentice programs.
- Provides follow-up and remedial training for federal Operator Qualification program.
- Identifies pertinent safety issues and incorporates them into training programs.
- Reviews and evaluates new and existing work methods, practices and procedures and ensures training materials are compliant with current company and regulatory requirements.
- Provides on-the-job technical training, as required.
- Interprets local, state and federal codes for field personnel, as required.
- Schedules instructors, who have expertise in specific technical areas, for Company training programs involving gas systems and associated equipment. Provides training and assistance to other Eversource departments, as necessary.
- May assist Gas Engineering and/or Operations with the analysis of new tools and equipment.
- May assist Gas Engineering and/or Operations with post-incident analysis of tools, equipment and/or materials.
- May represent Eversource on industry committees, professional societies and joint study groups as assigned
- An in-depth knowledge of theory, installation, operation and maintenance of natural gas distribution and/or meter systems; associated equipment and emergency response is required.
- Thorough knowledge of Eversource Employee Safety Manual preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Eversource Construction Standards and Materials, Tool and Equipment work practices and procedures, operation and maintenance relevant to the particular discipline to which the employee is assigned, preferred
- Ability to accurately interpret codes, standards, and technical data and to read complex schematics, diagrams, prints, and layouts.
- Ability to plan, design, develops, conduct, and coordinate effective skills and methods training programs.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to present theory and concepts, as well as hands-on technical instruction with clarity, confidence and enthusiasm.
- Ability to use personal computer and traditional office software and computer tracking system.
- Ability to apply sound judgment; strong customer focus
- Handle responsibilities with integrity and the highest standards of professionalism
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Three or more years of related experience.
Licenses & Certifications :
- Valid driver’s license required. Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or ability to obtain CDL, preferred.
- Natural Gas Operator Qualifications (OQ) preferred
- Work is performed primarily in training facility (indoors & outdoors). Occasional field training.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes analyzing, planning, organizing, evaluating and documenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is frequently performed under time pressure while involving significant business commitments. Work also requires the management of interpersonal interactions between diverse personalities in a class setting.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs