NextEra Energy Nuclear Planner Scheduler Senior - Seabrook in Seabrook, New Hampshire
Nuclear Planner Scheduler Senior - Seabrook
Date:Oct 15, 2020
Primary Location:Seabrook, NH, US, 03874
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 44342
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description The ideal candidate for this position will have an expertise in scheduling projects using the Primavera P6 S software as well as a strong working knowledge of nuclear power plant operations. This position functions as the lead scheduler during refueling outage periods which occur once every 18 months. During the outage, the lead scheduler will coordinate the efforts of a team of schedulers to maintain an accurate outage schedule. This position also interacts directly with station leadership to obtain guidance for schedule development during outage periods.
The successful candidate assists in the design of planned work and design-change packages. Employees in this role define procedures, drawings, equipment and materials required to perform planned work packages. Individuals act as liaison with engineering department and/or vendors to coordinate activities. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts field walkdowns to identify and analyze corrective and preventative maintenance, modification, and surveillance activities
- Develops work standards to support work packages
- Provides guidance to more junior system planners or contractors to develop detailed elements of overall packages
- Develops computerized critical- path schedules for day-to-day maintenance activities as well as for refueling and maintenance outages
- Prepares and analyzes daily work schedules to optimize equipment availability and manpower usage and recommends appropriate modifications
- Publishes daily work schedules and monitors progress
- Documents schedule problems, maintains statistics and performs trend analysis
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 10+ years
- Nuclear Experience: 10+ years
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's - Engineering
- Trade School Graduate
- Technical Certificate Program
Nuclear Specific Requirements:
- With High School Diploma/GED: 3+ years of planning experience AND 10+ years trade nuclear power experience in Engineering, Maintenance (electrical, mechanical, I&C) or Operations
- With Associate's degree in Engineering or related physical science: 8+ years of technical experience in Engineering, Maintenance, or Operations
- With Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related physical science: 6+ years of technical experience in Engineering, Maintenance, or Operations
Prior relevant military experience may be considered as equivalent Nuclear Specific Preferences:
Planning and/or scheduling experience in a nuclear facility: 8+ years
- Completion of a maintenance trade apprenticeship program with applicable trade experience, or engineering/nuclear plant operations experience
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Maintenance/Construction Organization: NextEra Energy Seabrook, LLC Location: Seabrook, New Hampshire Other Work Locations: New Hampshire Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs