NextEra Energy N Engineering Analyst Senior in Seabrook, New Hampshire
N Engineering Analyst Senior
Date:Feb 13, 2020
Primary Location:Seabrook, NH, US, 03874
Company:NextEra Energy is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description At NextEra Energy we have a passion for taking your career to the next level. Our talented employees are our biggest asset to continued success. If you are interested in joining a leading team for an industry leading nuclear fleet, look no further. This role will be located at our Seabrook station site in NH. Seabrook Station is located on 900 acres on the seacoast of southern New Hampshire. The plant is operated in a highly-responsible manner and is dedicated to protecting the environment while meeting the energy needs of New England. Seabrook Station is one of only a few nuclear power plants in this country that is ISO 14001 compliant, recognizing the plant’s leadership and excellence in environmental stewardship.
Applicants should have an electrical background with the ability to read electrical drawings, schematics trouble shooting experience. Nuclear experience is a plus.
This job plans and executes activities regarding engineering projects of unique and multi-faceted complexity. Employees in this role use nuclear engineering expertise to communicate recommendations concerning major company programs. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as technical liaison to individuals within and outside the organization
- Works independently regarding technical matters pertaining to area of expertise
- Evaluates, monitors and conducts trend analyses on the performance of assigned nuclear systems
- Troubleshoots systems, performs predictive and root cause analysis, and initiates corrective action
- Designs, performs and verifies analysis of preventive maintenance programs of assigned systems
- Prepares and reviews complex engineering documents using nuclear industry standards and regulations
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Associate's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 12+ years
- Nuclear Experience: 6+ years
- Bachelor's - Engineering
Nuclear Specific Requirements:
- Associate's in Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent military training/experience
- Engineering or related technical experience: 12+ years
- Completion of approved industry training (e.g., EPRI, NACE, ASME) in area of expertise
- Comprehension of engineering principles and theories as they relate to Engineering Technology and to power plant systems, components and structures
- Experience developing ability to provide standards, design and functional requirements
Nuclear Specific Preferences:
- Bachelor's in Engineering Technology or related technical field
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Technical Specialist Organization: NextEra Energy Seabrook, LLC Location: Seabrook, New Hampshire Other Work Locations: New Hampshire Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs