NextEra Energy N Engineer II in Seabrook, New Hampshire
N Engineer II
Date:Apr 9, 2018
Primary Location:Seabrook, NH, US, 03874
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 23300
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description This open engineering position is for the Systems Engineering Department and the functional role is a Digital Engineer. The candidate must be familiar with the following:
- Turbine Controls System – (GE) Mk – VIe
- Distributed Controls Systems – Foxboro IA
- Generator Excitation System – GE EX2100
- Turbine Supervisory Interface – Bentley Nevada Machinery Monitoring Responsible for the maintenance and reliability of the plant digital systems including: Turbine Controls Systems, Distributed Controls Systems, Generator Excitation System amd Turbine Supervisory Interface. Perform walkdowns, performance monitoring and trending, support of troubleshooting equipment issues and overall management of systems. Interface on a daily basis with numerous departments working as a team to resolve plant issues.
At NextEra Energy we have a passion for taking your career to the next level. Our talented employees are our biggest asset to continued success. If you are interested in joining a leading team for an industry leading nuclear fleet, look no further. This role will be located at our Seabrook station site in NH.
Seabrook Station is located on 900 acres on the seacoast of southern New Hampshire. The plant is operated in a highly-responsible manner and is dedicated to protecting the environment while meeting the energy needs of New England. Seabrook Station is one of only a few nuclear power plants in this country that is ISO 14001 compliant, recognizing the plant’s leadership and excellence in environmental stewardship.
Job Overview This job performs activities in support of engineering operations and project completion. Employees in this role conduct engineering root cause analysis and develop cost effective countermeasures. Individuals also perform engineering fundamental activities to support operations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs engineering/analytical tasks to develop reliable, cost effective recommendations
- Uses advanced computer models to develop and study solution feasibility
- Prepares engineering documentation and assists with technical support for licensing and other regulatory proceedings
- Ensures procured materials and services meet engineering specifications
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's – Engineering
Experience: 2+ years Preferred Qualifications
Certified Professional Engineer (PE) Special Requirements Nuclear Specific Requirements:
Engineering or related experience:2+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Engineering Organization: NextEra Energy Seabrook, LLC Location: Seabrook, New Hampshire Other Work Locations: New Hampshire Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Boston Job Segment:Nuclear, Energy