NextEra Energy Mechanic II in Seabrook, New Hampshire
Date:Apr 7, 2019
Primary Location:Seabrook, NH, US, 03874
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 31487
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description At NextEra Energy we have a passion for taking your career to the next level. Our talented employees are our biggest asset to continued success. If you are interested in joining our nuclear team, look no further. This role will be located at our Seabrook station site in NH.
Seabrook Station is located on 900 acres on the seacoast of southern New Hampshire. The plant is operated in a highly-responsible manner and is dedicated to protecting the environment while meeting the energy needs of New England. Seabrook Station is one of only a few nuclear power plants in this country that is ISO 14001 compliant, recognizing the plant’s leadership and excellence in environmental stewardship.
We are working towards hiring someone with solid welding experience into our Mechanic II level position.
Job Overview Performs installations, inspections, repairs, surveillances, monitoring, and preventative and corrective maintenance on Station mechanical equipment, systems and structures as necessary to ensure the safe, efficient and dependable operation of the Station. Performs these activities on individual components as well as complex systems, equipment and structures. Performs work in second craft under limited supervision dependent on training completed and demonstrated ability.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains thorough working knowledge of, and performs work activities according to established practices, procedures, programs, and codes.
- Performs the daily activities of the Maintenance Department, as assigned, which includes installation, inspection, replacement, adjustment and repair of Station equipment, systems, buildings and facilities.
- Performs mechanical preventive and corrective maintenance, lubrication, surveillance, and equipment calibration programs.
- Prepares and maintains related reports, logs, records and historical data, as assigned.
- Recommends changes to existing maintenance methods, procedures, predictive maintenance, and applications to improve overall Station activities.
- Keeps the supervision informed of any noted conditions or situations within the Maintenance Department which could affect the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Assists in maintaining necessary tools, equipment, spare parts associated with the maintenance of the Station mechanical systems.
- Participates in and successfully completes plant and Maintenance Department training; prepares for advancement by continued participation in such programs developing proficiency in second assigned craft.
- Performs rigging in support of the movement of equipment and materials; qualifies as a crane operator and signalman.
- Maintains thorough working knowledge of the Station's tagging program; qualifies to perform tagging.
- Assists electricians in performing installations, modifications, repairs, and maintenance of Station electrical equipment, as necessary.
- Performs these and other duties during shifts as assigned by Maintenance Department supervision.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation and revision of detailed training, programs, procedures, and PMs for the Maintenance Department as assigned.
- Recommends to Mechanical supervision the termination of any maintenance activity which is not being carried out in accordance with applicable procedures, specifications, regulations, requirements or accepted practices.
- Recommends to Mechanical supervision the termination of any activity which jeopardizes personnel safety, equipment safety or continued power generation.
- Required to be a member of the Seabrook Station Emergency Response Organization (ERO), when assigned, and to adhere to all related requirements specified in the Seabrook Station Radiological Emergency Plan. These requirements include, but are not limited to, maintaining applicable ERO position qualifications, participation in drills and exercises, and responding to an actual emergency (including radiological).
- Required to participate in major outages, when assigned, by performing a designated outage position, and maintaining required training qualifications. An outage assignment may involve shiftwork and/or working extended hours outside of normal schedule.
Performs other duties and responsibilities, as required. Required Qualification
Pwr Plt Mtce Pos Sel System Test passed.
High school diploma or equivalent; minimum additional technical training of one year with three years technical training desirable and/or experience. Two to three years of experience in one or more craft specialties. Experience with Quality Control Programs relating to maintenance activities. (Reference ANSI/ANS 3.1-1993) Preferred Qualification
Employee Group: Bargaining Unit Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Craft Skilled/ Journey Level Organization: NextEra Energy Seabrook, LLC Location: Seabrook, New Hampshire Other Work Locations: New Hampshire Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Boston Job Segment:Nuclear, Energy
- NextEra Energy Jobs