NextEra Energy Firefighter Technician II in Seabrook, New Hampshire
Firefighter Technician II
Date:Mar 17, 2020
Primary Location:Seabrook, NH, US, 03874
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 40101
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Please review the Job Overview and Required Qualification for insight into the position.
Performs skilled work in fire prevention, saving and protection of life and property in fighting fires and other emergencies, provides emergency care to victims of fires and other accidents, inspects and tests associated fire protection equipment and facilities, and performs minor maintenance to such equipment and facilities, performs inspections for combustible storage and ignition source permits, and works as directed by the Control Room when assigned to shift coverage.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in selected training sessions as directed by the AOM Line.
- Participates in fire and emergency medical training and drills as directed.
- Performs equipment surveillance tests on fire protection systems, components and equipment as directed.
- Performs routine visual inspections of operating equipment, fire barriers and spaces and informs the Control Room of any abnormal conditions detected.
- Reviews ignition source and combustible storage permits, specifies necessary instructions and performs inspections and evaluations of the work site to ensure work is performed in accordance with Seabrook Station Fire Protection Manual requirements.
- Assists in the maintenance of fire brigade procedures, programs and strategies.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the Station Fire Protection Program and Procedures and recommends improvements.
- Interprets and implements procedures relative to the use, testing and maintenance of fire protection equipment.
- Keeps and maintains logs and records as requested/required.
- Performs minor routine preventative and corrective maintenance on plant fire equipment, components or systems.
- Works on a rotating shift schedule as directed and maintains assigned station until properly relieved.
- Assists in the Fire Fighting activities in response to on-site fire emergencies.
- Performs strenuous physical activity in extinguishment of fire, emergency rescue, etc.
- Acts as responder for the Emergency Response Organization as assigned.
- Performs as a member of the Hazardous Material Response Team.
- Performs as a member of a team in confined space and technical rescues.
- Performs confined space entry monitoring and prepares related permits.
- Required to be a member of the Seabrook Station Emergency Response Organization (ERO), when assigned, and to adhere to all related requirements specified in the Seabrook Station Radiological Emergency Plan. These requirements include, but are not limited to, maintaining applicable ERO position qualifications, participation in drills and exercises, and responding to an actual emergency (including radiological).
- Required to participate in major outages, when assigned, by performing a designated outage position, and maintaining required training qualifications. An outage assignment may involve shiftwork and/or working extended hours outside of normal schedule.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Career Fire Fighter as defined by the New Hampshire State Fire Standards and Training Commission
- Training in Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification courses.
- Three to five years of experience in municipal, volunteer or industrial firefighting
- Successful completion of the Edison Electric Institute (EEI) Plant Operator Selection System (POSS) aptitude test required
Employee Group: Bargaining Unit Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Craft Skilled/ Journey Level Organization: NextEra Energy Seabrook, LLC Location: Seabrook, New Hampshire Other Work Locations: New Hampshire Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs