PG&E Electric Program Manager, Senior in San Ramon, California
Requisition ID # 71630
Job Category : Project / Program Management
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Electric Operations Vegetation Management Team is responsible for driving, tracking, managing and empowering PG&E’s Vegetation Management Program.
The Electric Program Manager plays a crucial role in supporting PG&E’s vegetation management efforts. The Electric Program Manager collaborates with team members to track and monitor vegetation management programs. This individual supports the delivery of regular reporting to leadership, the board of directors, regulators and others. This individual also leans in on process improvement to drive more effective cross functional collaboration and consistency.
This position offers a flexible work location within the PG&E service territory, but may be required to be in San Ramon 1-2 times per week.
• Applies advanced knowledge of Program Management to moderate to complex assignments and established programs. Works independently on most issues. May participate in the development of new programs.
• Collaborates with manager on the development of annual productivity targets for work to be completed in the program.
• Prepares and presents program budget recommendation to leaders with some guidance from manager. Reviews and prepares monthly budget variance explanations.
• Administers identified program work or projects. Tracks activity and completions. Prepares reports and status updates and presents to manager and/or key program stakeholders. Performs trend analysis to identify issues with costs or productivity and develop recommendations. Receives limited guidance from manager on complex issues.
• May be assigned to a program that involves external customer interface. Regularly communicates with customers regarding program work status and/or resolving issues.
• Assists manager or senior peers in analysis of work plan and schedules to reallocate resources or reprioritize program work.
• Develops recommendations for improvements to tools and processes for the program. Identifies, develops and participates in or may lead the implementation of best practices to improve productivity and reduce operation costs.
• Works collaboratively with peers and partner organizations and divisions to develop and implement new or improved processes, controls and procedures to improve program compliance, efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
• Ensures ongoing regulatory compliance with the program.
• May assist with GRC testimony research related to the program
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Job-related experience, 3 years
• PMP Certification
• 5-7 years job related experience
• Self-starter, takes initiative to drive continuous improvement and excellence
• Ability to influence decisions through data analysis, insights and recommendations
• Analytical and creative problem solving, strategic decision-making ability
• Solid communication/presentation and interpersonal/collaboration skills
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
- PG&E Jobs