Pacific Gas & Electric Company Strategic Analyst- (Measurement, Data Analytics and Products) in San Francisco, California
Requisition ID # 15584
Job Category : Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Customer Care and CRE
Job Location : San Francisco
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
In Customer Energy Solutions (CES), we are focused on delivering the desired customer experience for each of our customers by concentrating on the development and delivery of energy management products and services customers value. CES Customer Products includes Energy Efficiency, Demand Response, Time Varying Rates, Electric Vehicles and Distributed Generation. The intended result is to have a lasting positive impact on our customers, communities and the environment.
As a part of its strategy, CES' objectives are aimed at:
• Operational Excellence: We simplify, improve and integrate the way we do our work
• Being the Provider of Choice for all of our customers
• Delivering a consistent customer experience
• Effectively managing a diverse portfolio of products, channels and partners
• Testing and deploying innovative technology to shape and lead the market
The Measurement, Data Analytics and Products team is a dynamic team of researchers and data enthusiasts passionate about creating insights which further CES’ objectives. The Customer Programs Measurement and Evaluation (CP M&E) team is one of four teams within MDA dedicated to understanding whether our customer programs are performing effectively. Currently, the outcome of program evaluation directly affects long term planning and ultimately utility operations. More significantly to our customers, the impact of our work goes far beyond program planning and design. Our work improves customer program offerings which helps customers to manage their energy bills and improves customer satisfaction. Our work factors into energy procurement decision making that impact buying decisions, energy supply choices, and ultimately T&D service reliability and price.
This position will support the measurement and data analytics request from PG&E’s various customer programs, which include time-of-use rates, demand response programs, distributed generation, and energy efficiency programs that involve meter based savings estimation.
• Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Public Policy, Engineering, Physical or Social Sciences, or other related fields.
• 3 years of experience in a quantitatively-oriented strategic role
• Knowledge of data model design philosophies and methodologies for data warehouse
• Ability to solve simple and complex problems involving arithmetic.
• Ability to manipulate data within hardware, software, or databases as needed to perform at the job level
• Ability to file, store, retrieve and maintain data stored on computers and databases as needed to perform at the job level
• Knowledge of statistical theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and analyses as needed to perform at the job level
• Knowledge of relevant programming languages and tools - for example SQL, Python, R, JAVA, Tableau, SAS, Teradata – as needed to perform at the job level
• Ability to develop reports, models, and simulations as needed to perform at the job level
• Competency in developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear
Scoping and Project planning:
• Work with internal stakeholders to understand business, regulatory, and policy needs
• Solve complex problems though working with diverse teams at PG&E
• Identify gaps, excessive simplification, and oversights in project plans
Communication, Summary Presentation and Visualization
• Support development of summary presentations for senior management
Analytics and Modeling
• Use and synthesize data from various sources into a user-friendly model
• Develop expertise with customer demographic and similar data
Hiring Manager: Eugene Gorokhov