NextEra Energy Senior Originator - Distributed Generation in San Francisco, California
Senior Originator - Distributed Generation
Date:Nov 18, 2020
Primary Location:San Francisco, CA, US, 94108
Company:NextEra Energy is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Senior Originator - Distributed Generation
At NextEra Energy Resources, our employees are optimistic about America’s energy future, and we are focused on providing clean, low-cost, strategic energy solutions to our customers.
The Senior Originator will lead the sales and project origination process for the Distributed Generation team, which is focused on solar PV, energy storage, EV charging infrastructure, fleet electrification, onsite gas generation, microgrids, and other solutions.
This position is responsible for originating projects in the Mid-Atlantic & Southeast region through direct customer relationships, strategic channel partnerships and industry relationships, and responding to competitive solicitation processes. In this role you will develop and manage relationships and gain a deep understanding of the MAC/SE market. You will also manage the internal activities required to ensure we develop the most optimal solutions and provide maximum value to our customers.
The energy market is complex, fast-paced and constantly changing. To be successful in this role the following qualities are a must:
- Self-motivation and a strong work ethic
- Outstanding communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience with at least one (preferably more) of the following: DG solar or storage, EVs, CHP, fuel cells, natural gas or other onsite generation
- Willingness to travel
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages all day to day sales and project origination efforts for distributed generation projects with utilities, MUSH and C&I companies in the MAC/SE region
- Identifies opportunities via internal and external channels to ensure an adequate project pipeline
- Collaborates with company's transaction, project finance, legal, engineering and construction teams to ensure successful origination of viable projects
- Reviews, prepares and negotiates term sheets with clients to secure project opportunities
- Creates and maintains Distributed Generation marketing materials
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
- Experience: 5+ years
Some sales and/or business development experience preferred Competencies
- Managing and Improving Processes
- Work Ethic
- Managing Execution
- Oral and Written Communication
- Problem Solving
- Focus on Customers
- Strategic Thinking
- Decision Making
- Technical Expertise
- Business Acumen
- Management Job Overview
Employees in this role will lead the sales and project origination process for commercial distributed generation solar PV business. This position is responsible for originating projects through strategic channel partnerships and industry relationships and responding to competitive solicitation processes. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Manages all day to day sales and project origination efforts for rooftop, carport and ground-mount distributed generation solar projects which sell power to commercial, government and non-profit entities • Identifies solar opportunities via internal channels and ensures an adequate project pipeline and reviews potential project opportunities • Reviews, prepares and negotiates term sheets with clients to secure project opportunities • Collaborates with company's transaction, project finance, legal, engineering and construction teams to ensure successful origination of viable projects • Develops external solar opportunities • Creates and maintains Distributed Generation marketing materials • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 5+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Sales Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt Location: San Francisco, California Other Work Locations: California Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs