NextEra Energy Product Manager in San Francisco, California
Date:Apr 9, 2021
Primary Location:San Francisco, CA, US, 94108
Company:NextEra Energy is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy Resources Capital (NEER Capital) is seeking a well-qualified candidate who is passionate about driving the clean energy revolution by providing solar companies with innovative software and financing.
As a Product Manager, you will be asked to:
- Use analytical abilities and rigorous thinking to work cross-functionally, determine highest priority new features and tenaciously drive those projects forward
- Work closely with customers and other NEER Capital teams to develop smart and creative software solutions to the problems our customers face and ensure NEER Capital is delivering the best software possible
- Project manage all aspects of software development, including customer research, feature design, mock-up and user story creation, engineering development, launch and growth, and key metrics development and reporting
Job Overview This position will be responsible for driving new software product feature development to support residential solar installation and financing workflows. This role will require gaining a deep understanding of residential solar financing and applying this knowledge to the intricacies of designing and developing software.
- Become an expert on both NEER Capital financing and operations workflow as well as the NextEra Energy software platform
- Work closely with customers to identify customer and market needs
- Define user personas, problem statements, and use cases pertaining to areas of new software development
- Run collaborative design sessions with technical leads and software engineers
- Write detailed user stories, create workflow documents, wireframes and mockups
- Work cross-functionally with our full stack developers, designers, sales, and operations to successfully deliver new platform features and services
- Prioritize and groom the development backlog for each sprint, working directly with the engineering team to ensure on-time delivery of business critical features, small enhancements, and bug fixes
- Define, track, and interpret key metrics to measure overall product and customer success
- Be an active participant and leader in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Perform other job related duties Job Overview
Employees in this position manage a specific group of existing products to meet revenue and Earnings Before Interest and Taxes (EBIT) objectives, creating long-term value. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports product managers to create and execute channel and product growth strategy
- Provides product manager efforts to identify, develop and introduce new products that support group objectives
- Supports execution of Business-to-Customer (B2C) marketing activities through internal and external partners
- Coordinates with customer service staff to ensure customers are satisfied and concerns are remedied with minimal operational impact
- Works with Manager to cross functionally build consensus and gain buy-in from a variety of internal key stakeholders for department efforts
- Develops an understanding and positively impacts financials of products within the group
- Works with management to create, build, and maintain product vendor relationships
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 3+ years
- Bachelor's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt Location: San Francisco, California Other Work Locations: California; Texas Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs