NextEra Energy Dir Sales & Business Development - DG in San Francisco, California
Dir Sales & Business Development - DG
Date:Apr 7, 2021
Primary Location:San Francisco, CA, US, 94108
Company:NextEra Energy is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description At NextEra Energy Resources, our employees are optimistic about America’s energy future, and we are focused on providing clean, low-cost, strategic energy solutions to our customers.
The Mobility Director of Origination will lead the C&I sales and project origination process for the Mobility team. NextEra’s mobility business is focused on accelerating the electrification of fleets by offering integrated solutions spanning charging, renewables, resiliency, vehicle conversion and fleet as a service.
This position is responsible for originating projects with C&I fleets in the US and Canada through direct customer relationships, strategic channel partnerships and industry relationships, and responding to competitive solicitation processes. In this role you will develop and manage relationships and gain a deep understanding of C&I fleet market. You will also manage the internal activities required to ensure we develop the most optimal solutions and provide maximum value to our customers.
The energy market is complex, fast-paced and constantly changing. To be successful in this role the following qualities are a must:
- Outstanding communication skills and attention to detail
- Advocate for your customers
- EV / H2 / CNG vehicle industry experience (sales, conversion, leasing, land development, infrastructure development)
- Additional Distributed Energy Resources / Distributed Generation experience preferred – i.e. demand response, solar, storage, CHP, fuel cells, natural gas or other onsite generation
- Self-motivation and a strong work ethic
- Willingness to travel
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads all day to day C&I sales and project origination efforts for EV and Hydrogen Mobility distributed generation projects with C&I and MUSH / HUGS customers
- Identifies opportunities via internal and external channels to ensure an adequate project pipeline
- Collaborates with company's transaction, project finance, legal, engineering and construction teams to ensure successful origination of viable projects
- Reviews, prepares and negotiates term sheets with clients to secure project opportunities
- Creates and maintains C&I Mobility marketing materials
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 7+ years
- Proven sales and/or business development experience preferred
- Experience hiring, coaching and managing less experienced sales / originators
- Managing and Improving Processes
- Work Ethic
- Managing Execution
- Oral and Written Communication
- Problem Solving
- Focus on Customers
- Strategic Thinking
- Decision Making
- Technical Expertise
- Business Acumen
This position is responsible for management of origination and business development for commercial and small utility scale solar projects. Employees in this role are involved in all aspects of management and execution of project origination and assist in the management of channel partners. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruits, trains and manages the origination team
- Builds relationships with potential onsite and offsite solar (Photovoltaic) power purchasers including, but not limited to, commercial entities, schools and universities, municipalities, utilities, federal, and other credit worthy customers
- Directs all aspects of the day to day business development process for rooftop, ground-mount, and carport or canopy style solar projects
- Originates projects with focus on optimizing market specific incentive structures and regulatory limitations
- Performs early stage fatal flaw analysis to quickly screen the viability of projects
- Prepares presentations, term sheets, and option agreements
- Works to build improved cross-organization sales efforts
- Builds and manages channel partners strategy
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 10+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 3+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Business Development Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt Location: San Francisco, California Other Work Locations: California Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs