MasTec Utility Services Fiber Splicer Trainee_SEF in Sacramento, California
SEFNCO Communications gives you the opportunity to start your career in an engaging and growing industry. As a Fiber Splicer Trainee, you will be a part of a team of construction professionals who help create and upgrade networks.
SEFNCO Communications takes great pride in providing engineering, construction, design and management solutions that meet the growing telecommunications needs throughout the United States. Join our fast growing team of professionals and help us provide the highest level of quality service to our customers and communities while maintaining our commitment to safety! Make it Safe, Make it Personal, Make it Home.
After completion of training, Fiber Splicer Trainees will have a working knowledge of various cable types such as loose tube, central tube, armored, gel-filled, etc.
In addition, you will:
• Testing and troubleshooting continuity of fiber optic networks
• Operate all testing equipment and be adept at resolution of challenges common to fiber optic networks
• Experience prepping fiber splice enclosures such as Tyco, CommScope, Corning, etc.
• Utilize fusion splicer, test equipment OTDR (Optical Time-Domain Refelctometer) 1310, 1550, DWDM, CWDM, 945 OLTS, Max Tester, Power meter
• Fiber engineer knowledge of fiber design, reading documentation, understanding of light levels and dB loss
• Work in outdoor utility construction sites
• Safety is a value you live by
• You have a knack for figuring out hard problems and enjoy a hands on approach to your work
• You have a track record of completing work with a high level of quality
• You are flexible and enjoy a variety of shifts with overtime
MOS Codes V80B, B05A, 3D157, 6423, 5699 relate well to this position.
Other reasons to join our team:
We are proud to offer you great medical, vision and dental insurance along with a Healthcare Flexible Spending Account and Company-paid life insurance. We have a 401(k) with Company match and an Employee Stock Purchase Program! You will be eligible for and enjoy paid time off and paid holidays. We also offer numerous training programs and learning opportunities for you to participate in!
We can’t wait for you to start your career with us!
Pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check required.
SEFNCO participates in E-Verify and E-Screen.
SEFNCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Title: Fiber Splicer TraineeSEF_
Requisition ID: 40636