Southern California Edison Senior Advisor – CAISO Energy Market Settlements and Analytics in Rosemead, California
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
The Senior Energy Operations Specialist in CAISO Settlements will perform analytics and calculations of settlement charges assessed by CAISO over a portfolio of utility owned generation, power purchase agreements, and demand response resources. The position is part of a team of Energy Operations Specialists reporting directly to the Senior Manager of CAISO Settlements.The successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills and be detail oriented. This position is in the Energy Procurement and Management organization which is contributing to SCE’s goal to be recognized by our industry as a high performance organization.
· Plans all aspects of analyses, presentations, and implementation strategies for a complete
complex analysis, often of moderate or major significance and/or risk to the Company.
· Understands ISO markets and correlations to SCE’s power contract payments
· Utilizes multiple industry recognized systems such as PCI, SettleCore, PowerBI to validate
and analyze market results
· Knowledgeable about sources of data and resources available to integrate and present
information regarding CAISO market mechanisms as it relates to settlements.
· Utilizes existing or devises new, innovative models and methodologies to correlate large
volumes of data into understandable conclusions.
· Preform queries to formulate algorithms and create macros.
· Understands system capabilities and communicates CAISO settlements business knowledge
· Establishes recommendations and conclusions based on analysis of complex data.
· Maintains a safety conscious work environment by following Edison safety protocols and
safework practices; and performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
· 7 years of experience in functions related to ISO settlements, systems analyses, electricity
trading or marketing.Demonstrated understanding of the California Independent System
Operator (CAISO), PJM,NE-ISO, MISO, or NYISO market design.
· 3 years of experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
· 3 years of experience in writing SQL queries to retrieve data from Oracle and SQL Server
· 3 years of experience in building spreadsheet models using VBA coding for macros and
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Engineering
· Experience with CAISO Settlements and energy and capacity markets and technologies
suchas renewables, conventional power, combined heat and power, demand response,
energy storage and/or natural gas.
· Experience with validating energy, capacity, and emissions settlements.
· Experience analyzing complex financial, regulatory, and/or business problems.
· Experience with financial and/or quantitative analyses.
· Strong foundation in statistics, mathematics, and computer programming with respect to datasciences and big data analytics.
· Experience with Tableau, Power BI, and other visual analytical tools to be used for trending
· Experience working with cross-functional teams.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to prepare reports and
present complex technical information to a wide audience, in non-technical language.
· Strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, initiative, and interpersonal skills as well
as the ability to effectively multi-task and enthusiastically engage in continuous learning.
· The primary work location for this position is Rosemead, CA
· Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any
employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
· Relocation may be available for qualified candidates.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of nearly 14 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
Edison/SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.