Southern California Edison 2019 Information Technology (IT) - Cyber Security Internship in Rosemead, California
Energy for What’s Ahead.
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology “service provider.” Many of the innovative ideas and projects that shape the company’s future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, designing and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
This position is part of Southern California Edison’s (SCE) University and Campus Relations Internship Program. The Summer Internship program is a 10-12 week paid opportunity to gain hands-on experience with meaningful work, while developing your skills, and building your network. The internship has an estimated start date of May/June 2019 and an estimated end date of August/September 2019.
SCE offers these programs with the belief that learning and development are important parts of building future leaders. Interns will also have the opportunity to participate in intern mixers, executive speaker series, site tours, community volunteer events, and cross-company networking.
We're big believers that diversity leads to innovation, creativity, and collaboration.
Information Technology (IT) – Cyber Security- This internship opportunity will be in the Cybersecurity & Compliance (C&C) department of the Information Technology (IT) organizational unit. Cybersecurity & Compliance leads the company’s efforts to protect its information and technology as well as ensures IT remains compliant with all regulatory mandates. This position(s) will provide the intern with an opportunity to gain valuable industry experience in conducting Cybersecurity vulnerability scans and assessments. The successful candidate will participate in the Cybersecurity awareness program, including writing content for articles, assisting in training, and facilitating other Cybersecurity awareness programs while facilitating and documenting assessments of Cybersecurity controls. The successful candidate will approve advanced user rights for UNIX/LINUX, Windows, and Mainframe. The successful intern will support data gathering and analysis, as well as participate in the review of IT and regulatory trends in order to support the development of Cybersecurity processes, metrics and reports. The successful candidate may assist in the installation/upgrade of Cybersecurity hardware and software.
• Must currently be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering or closely related field at an accredited institution with a graduation date of December 2019 or later.
• Cyber Security Internship - US Citizenship required as part of Critical Infrastructure security protocols
• Preferred GPA of 2.8 or higher
• Demonstrated experience analyzing information, identifying needs, developing action plans, and providing recommendations
• Familiarity to Microsoft Office Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word
• Eagerness and ability to learn Cybersecurity related concepts, methods, and processes
• Exposure as a programmer and/or analytics and reporting tools.
• Exposure or knowledge of data warehouse concepts
• Involvement in an academic, professional or volunteer, working with clients to create, implement and maintain websites
• Familiarity with HypterText Markup Language (HTML) and other web technologies
• Exposure Microsoft OneNote, OneDrive, and other cloud applications.
• Exposure or familiarity with UNIX/LINUX and Windows Operating Systems.
• Position is located in Rosemead, CA
Official transcripts will be verified during the interview process.
Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Relocation/Housing Stipend is not provided
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of nearly 14 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.