Washington Gas Light Co. Supervisor Field Operations in Rockville, Maryland
Supervises the daily activities within Field Operations. Must be available for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week emergency response. Must be available for possible shift work, including assignment of evenings and/or weekends. Positions require evening shifts of 4 -10 hour days (1pm to 11pm), and a day shift position. Number of positions and station assignments TBD.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Supervises the daily work of assigned represented Washington Gas (WG) employees, as well as contractors involved in all aspects of the infrastructure maintenance processes.
• Responsible for hiring, evaluating, training, performance management, compensating, motivating, coaching, and developing staff.
• Ensures that all phases of Field Operations meet or exceed Corporate, business unit, regulatory and project objectives and use sound implementation of Company policies and procedures.
• Ensures that projects are completed within budgetary limitations.
• Oversees the successful and safe operation, maintenance, tie-in of gas mains and/or emergency response for an assigned region of the WG pipeline system.
• Ensures compliance with Federal, state and local codes.
• Leads the daily work activities and distribution of planned leak repair, and other pipeline infrastructure tasks among crews.
• Coordinates immediate/emergency response activities.
• Coordinates emergency response field operations to ensure customer, public and employee safety.
• Establishes guidelines and practices to ensure that company facilities are maintained in accordance with applicable regulations.
• Other duties as required.
• On call responsibilities when required.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• High School Diploma/GED required
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• 5+ Years of related work experience, preferably in the natural gas (or related) industry, appliance service, natural gas piping, HVAC, or construction etc required
• Valid driver's license required
• Must pass gas odor recognition testing
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to reconcile conflicting goals and priorities and to lead projects to completion.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of pipeline construction, replacement, operations, maintenance and emergency response procedures and practices, federal, state and local codes and procedures.
• Proven extensive knowledge of appliance service field constructions operations, gas distribution, heating and air conditioning, pipe work, electrical wiring and controls, venting and ventilation, and/or the workings of gas equipment.
• Proven Working knowledge of appliance diagnostic repair and gas distribution.
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
• Demonstrated planning and scheduling skills.
• Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office, to share, retrieve, research and present business information.
• Demonstrated ability to present diverse ideas logically and concisely both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, subordinates, and peers.
• Demonstrated ability to logically analyze and solve narrowly-defined business problems.
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL Holdings, Inc. is a public utility holding company and the parent company of WGL, a diversified energy business that provides natural gas, electricity, green power, carbon reduction and energy services. Our calling as a company is to make energy surprisingly easy - for our employees, for our community and for all our customers. WGL and its affiliates are committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status. sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or mental disabilities, political affiliation, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.