Avangrid Lead Engineer - Electrical Rating-substation in Rochester, New York
Lead Engineer - Electrical Rating-substation
Company: AVANGRID SERVICE COMPANY
Rochester, NY, US
Iberdrola is a global energy leader, the number one producer of wind power, and one of the world's biggest electricity utilities in terms of market capitalisation. The group supplies energy to almost 100 million people in dozens of countries including Spain, the United Kingdom (ScottishPower), the United States (AVANGRID), Brazil (Neoenergia), Mexico, Germany, Portugal, Italy and France, with a workforce of more than 35,000 people.
Iberdrola is leading the transition towards a sustainable energy model through its investments in renewable energy, smart grids, large-scale energy storage and digital transformation, to offer its customers the most advanced products and services. Thanks to its commitment to clean energy, Iberdrola is one of the companies with the lowest emissions and an international benchmark for its contribution to sustainability and the fight against climate change.
The Rating and Modeling Engineer is responsible oversight and validate the thermal rating calculations process on the main elements of medium and high voltage substations in New York, Main and Connecticut. For new and modified facilities should act as the verifier to ensure the ratings information is complete and aligned with Avangrid TM. For legacy substations, review existing conditions and address discrepancies to comply with NERC FAC-008.
· Review existing Rating database and find and address inconsistencies in order to comply with the FAC-008.
· Propose improvements to the rating calculation methodology and take the lead in implementing them.
· Training and oversight of contractors performing the walkdown of substations to capture the existing ratings on Avangrid assets.
· Coordinate contractors to optimize the site visits in order to meet schedule.
· Oversight the drawing update process. Ensure all modifications and new documents created during site verifications are captured on record drawings according Avangrid procedures.
· Provides linkage between the Initiator (Project) and the Approver (System Planning) in order to deliver projects according schedule.
· Coordinate with the Projects on the delivery of ratings calculations in accordance to schedule and project needs. Evaluate accuracy of calculations and ensure equipment capabilities meet requirements.
· Review rating calculus from contractors and projects, provide guidance address inconsistencies, and ensure and harmonize deliverables from site verification and projects.
· Act as the rating SME for support to Transmission Planning and Operations. Conduct training for others to better understand the ratings modeling process.
· Provide technical on Ratings for new major equipment framework agreement contracts.
· Provides technical advice to senior management when required.
· May participate or represent the company in regulatory or public proceedings with NERC, NPCC, ISO.
· Ensure governance processes and procedures are followed.
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
· 3 years of experience in Engineering
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
· Knowledge of FERC/NERC/NPCC and state regulations
· Experience with PLSCADD
· Bus calculations
· Cable calculations
Education & Experience Preferred:
· Experience with PT load desirable
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate and Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com