Avangrid Lead Analyst - Field Operations in Rochester, New York
Lead Analyst - Field Operations
Company: ROCHESTER GAS & ELEC CORP
Rochester, NY, US
Iberdrola is a global energy leader, the number one producer of wind power, and one of the world's biggest electricity utilities in terms of market capitalisation. The group supplies energy to almost 100 million people in dozens of countries including Spain, the United Kingdom (ScottishPower), the United States (AVANGRID), Brazil (Neoenergia), Mexico, Germany, Portugal, Italy and France, with a workforce of more than 35,000 people.
Iberdrola is leading the transition towards a sustainable energy model through its investments in renewable energy, smart grids, large-scale energy storage and digital transformation, to offer its customers the most advanced products and services. Thanks to its commitment to clean energy, Iberdrola is one of the companies with the lowest emissions and an international benchmark for its contribution to sustainability and the fight against climate change.
The NY Grid Model Enhancement Project (GMEP) is a 5-year (2021-2025) project with a CapEx budget of 30M. GMEP is a cornerstone for grid modernization efforts and is one component of the New York State REV initiative. It has been identified as a significant project within both the 2020 Distribution System Implementation Plan (DSIP) Filing submitted in July 2020, and the 2019 New York Rate Case Joint Proposal approved in November 2020.
In parallel, planning is underway for a CMP GMEP (2021-2023) project which has an estimated budget of 15M. This is an essential initiative to enhance the processing of large-scale Distribution Energy Resource (DER) request applications, expand Distributed Generation hosting capacity, review non-wire alternative solutions, and to identify new projects or potential upgrades to mitigate current reliability concerns.
The Companies expect the NY and CMP GMEP projects to be combined, so that the scope of this position would address both efforts.
The GMEP project will enhance the accuracy of the physical and electrical data represented in Avangrid data sources. When complete, the data model will allow for improved analysis, monitoring, control, planning, and forecasting of the Electric Distribution System.
This effort will enhance Distribution Planning and Operations ability to perform core and advanced functions. GMEP will change the processes and responsibilities in all areas of the Companies from initial planning through field execution.
Initially this position will collaborate with the GMEP core team to complete the following:
• Partner with the Quality / Change Management lead to develop and execute overall Change Management strategy;
• Document the current Data Maintenance Process;
• Conduct workshops to identify current process inefficiencies;
• Establishing a streamlined quality control process to maintain integrity of the data model from data capture through data analysis for Blue Sky and Storm Restoration;
• Primary communicator to Electric Operations to lead the socialization of process changes.
This position reports to Sr. Technical Manager - GMEP within P&T
Collaborate across multiple Operating Companies and functional areas including Electric Operations, Asset Management, Distribution Planning, P&T Customer Service, Metering, GIS Operations, and IT, to meet project requirements.
Develop and document sustainable business processes, protocols, and tools prior to conducting field inventory.
Assists Quality Management / Change Management to develop and deliver comprehensive change management plans.
Assists Quality Management / Change Management to Develop and deliver comprehensive communications and training plans.
Obtain Sponsor approval for Change Management, Communication, and Training Plans.
Lead the socialization of process changes to Electric Operations along with the Quality- Change Management Lead, and Project Sponsor.
Lead reinforcement of process changes to guarantee compliance.
Generate and present reports in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 2 to 3 years of project/program management.
• Change Management (people, process, technology) experience.
• Experience with external resources.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Project, SharePoint, Teams).
• Knowledge of Electric Operations current processes to record, gather, and maintain data.
• A Change Management, PMP and/or Lean Six Sigma Certification(s) is a plus.
• Employment experience with a Gas or Electric utility is a plus.
• Knowledge of Distribution Planning processes, and criticality of filling data gaps.
• Experience working with IT.
• Interpersonal Skills
• Communications / Influencing
• Working knowledge of several utility business areas (e.g., Electric Operations, Gas Operations, Customer Service, Asset Management & Planning, IT)
• Agility, versatility, and flexibility; productive in a multi-tasking and rapidly changing environment
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate and Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com