Dominion Energy Distributed Generation Contracts Administrator I/II in RICHMOND, Virginia
Distributed Generation Contracts Administrator I/II
At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
One position will be filled at either the Distributed Generation Contracts Administrator I or II level commensurate with the successful candidate's education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. This role serves as the primary interface with Interconnection Customers seeking to interconnect solar
This role serves as the primary interface with Interconnection Customers seeking to interconnect solar and other forms of distributed generation (DG) behind-the-meter (BTM) to Dominion's electric distribution grid. Assists in the development, negotiation, amendment, implementation and administration of agreements for DG BTM interconnections. Develops knowledge of and learns to provide directions in interpreting policies, procedures, agreements and filed terms and conditions. Assists in providing interpretation, guidance and support in the administration and enforcement of contractual matters, interconnection service agreements and regulatory issues. Coordinates the processing of DG BTM interconnection requests from inception to construction within regulatory procedures and timelines of the ruling jurisdiction (NCUC, VA SCC, FERC). Assists in managing expectations and responds to inquiries from Interconnection Customers as DG BTM interconnection requests proceed to interconnection agreement completion. Advises on contractual rights and obligations and resulting economic and legal consequences. Coordinates the study of BTM interconnection requests through direct contact with multiple technical departments within the Company. Assists in developing and implementing company policies and procedures affecting DG BTM interconnections. Assists in the preparation of complex project design parameters to determine interconnection customer charges. May assist in major outage response including patrolling, guiding crews, analysis or outage data, etc. Perform other duties as assigned.
This role performs the same duties as Level I, with more complex interconnections. Will be more of a subject matter expert for the processes and SCC communications. Provides more complex interpretation of contractual matters, interconnection service agreements and regulatory issues. Manages expectations and responds to inquiries from Interconnection Customers. Provides in-depth knowledge and direction in interpreting policies, procedures, agreements and filed terms and conditions. Develops and administers training to company personnel. May act as a resource for lower-level Distributed Generation Contracts Administrators. Directs or prepares difficult or complex DG BTM interconnection negotiations and/or participates in negotiations regarding agreements, contracts, terms and conditions. Directs or prepares complex interconnection service agreements and contracts. Presents and explains complex interconnection service agreements, complex cost-to-customer calculations, distribution upgrades and interconnection facilities, and complex terms and conditions to all internal and external customers, as subject matter expert. Prepares complex project design parameters to determine interconnection customer charges. Routinely responds to interconnection customer concerns and requests by phone or email to explain policy, cost, design criteria, payment or financial security options, and contract billing parameters. Routinely responds to interconnection customer requests by phone or email to work up options for electric billing cost containment, reduction or modification of electric facilities, and applicability and cost of distribution upgrades and interconnection facilities. Determines need for legal review and advice on issues. Assists in the preparation of testimony, exhibits and filings with the regulatory commission involving contractual matters, agreements, terms and conditions. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
Minimum 2 years of directly-related experience
• Basic knowledge of contracts and customer agreements, energy industry and/or renewables
• Basic knowledge of regulatory methods, requirements and procedures;
• Basic knowledge of company policies, procedures, terms and conditions regarding electric service facilities and charges;
• Basic knowledge of transmission, substation, and distribution circuit design and operation;
• Basic knowledge of accounting, finance, and rate-making principles preferred;
• Skills: excellent verbal and written communication skills (including technical writing), organizational and project management skills, negotiation skills, computer skills;
• Works with guidance;
• Abilities: able to interpret and apply complex policies and procedures, analytical and statistical abilities, creative and abstract thinking abilities, project leadership abilities;
• Military service members and veterans with ranks from E3-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O3, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined above.
Minimum 4 years directly related experience,
• Full knowledge of contracts and customer agreements, energy industry and/or renewables
• In-depth knowledge and application of regulatory methods, requirements and procedures,
• In-depth knowledge of company policies, procedures, terms and conditions regarding electric service facilities and charges,
• Working knowledge of transmission, substation, and distribution circuit design and operation,
• Basic knowledge and application of accounting, finance, and rate-making principles,
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills (including technical writing),
• Advanced organizational and project management skills,
• Strong negotiation skills, Strong computer skills,
• Works independently,
• Able to interpret and apply complex policies and procedures,
• Analytical and statistical abilities,
• Creative and abstract thinking abilities,
• Project leadership abilities
Education Level: Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor , Disciplines: Preferred: Business,Technical Studies
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Office Work Environment 76 -100%
Other Working Conditions
No Testing Required
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Top 3 Reasons to Work at Dominion Energy
1. Great Work Life Balance
2. Generous Pay and Benefits
3. Collaborative & Inclusive Culture
About Dominion Energy
I am your warm cup of coffee in the morning and I light your home at night. I am the cool breeze from your A/C on the hottest day in summer, and the red coil that heats your soup pot on a frigid winter’s day. I am sustainable, reliable and affordable.
I am not just any energy… I am Dominion Energy.
We're transforming the way we do business to build a more sustainable future for the planet, our customers, our team and our industry. We're shaping the future of energy in America.
·Headquarters: Richmond, VA
·16 states in the US
·$100 billion of assets
·Nearly $35 million in charitable contributions
·100,000+ volunteer hours recorded in the community
Nearest Major Market: Richmond
Job Segment: Project Manager, Technical Writer, Technology
- Dominion Energy Jobs