Dominion Energy CFO Energy Market Analysis Intern in RICHMOND, Virginia
CFO Energy Market Analysis Intern
Date: Nov 18, 2021
Location: RICHMOND, VA, US, 23219
Company: Dominion Energy
At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
The CFO Energy Market Analysis team is looking for an intern to assist with the following:
• Research, compile, and manipulate energy industry competitive intelligence information using industry-related publications, databases, and other sources.
• Analyze energy markets and economics of specific projects and provide updates to senior leadership.
• Develop recommendations to new or improvements in existing research tools.
• Develop and maintain proprietary, in-house forecasts, structural databases and models of regional energy markets, including quantifying ranges on potential outcomes.
• Develop dynamic business plans for each region which define the optimal assets/positions to acquire and/or develop.
• Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis and quality control on large amounts of data.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
The knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences that are required for entry into this job include the following:
• Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (Particularly Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Word).
• Highly proficient with personal computer applications, especially database, spreadsheet, and internet (Microsoft Excel, Power BI, etc.). Database skills are highly preferred.
• Proficient with business information research, analytical methods, and statistics.
• Manage and maintain large quantities of data, investigative thinking, handle multiple tasks, work independently.
• Desire to take lead role in projects.
• Able to work on multiple projects at the same time and at different levels across different commodities.
• Present results and defend strategic analysis to leadership.
Students must be working towards completing a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Data Analytics or a business related field
Students must have an anticipated graduation date of Spring 2023, December 2023 or Spring 2024.
Student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Other Working Conditions
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Nearest Major Market: Richmond
Job Segment: Intern, Database, Executive, Energy, Entry Level, Research, Technology, Management
- Dominion Energy Jobs