Energy Northwest Designer II/III - 6661 in Richland, Washington
Performs diverse tasks and leadership assignments primarily engaged in preparing and checking design changes to nuclear plant structures, systems, and components. Ensures conformance with engineering direction, specifications, design criteria, and design standards in all work performed. Plans and coordinates work assignments to assure adherence to budgets and schedules.
• Plan and prepare designs, including layouts, sketches, and drawings involving a high degree of difficulty and complexity under the technical guidance and leadership of others.
• Reviews work packages of peers to ensure that designs are technically complete and that all affected design data base documentation has been properly revised.
• Ensures conformance with engineering direction, specifications, design criteria, and design standards in all work performed.
• Maintains constant review of job status, initiates appropriate measures to overcome delays that might affect established work schedules, and brings unusual problems or delays to the attention of superiors.
• Participates in technical, scoping, and schedule planning meetings with other project participants.
• Advises superiors in budget preparation to ensure resources are available to accomplish assigned workload.
• Establishes and maintains working interfaces with design teams in other disciplines and with other organizations to foster cooperation and team building, and to ensure that customer/supplier alignments are established and maintained.
• Prepares reports describing contributing factors to early or late performance on scheduled design packages.
• Expands knowledge of computer applications and computerized databases for more efficient application to design tasks thru training and development
• Engineering employees are expected to be available and to support the following activities as a condition of employment with Energy Northwest:
Emergency Response Organization (ERO) including being on-call (24/7) during your required team duty (2 weeks out of every 8 weeks).
12 hour work shifts during outages as part of our overall Outage support (24/7) including Outage Command Center and Engineering Outage Center
Engineering duty cycle support (24/7) including call-out availability during your responsible duty assignment. (This is a shared responsibility across all engineering positions).
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Level II: Requires an Associate’s degree in a technical field from an accredited college or university and two years of highly technical design experience sufficient to provide working knowledge of nuclear plant system, structure, and component documentation, design, and controlling standards and regulations; OR a high school diploma or GED and four years of highly technical design experience sufficient to provide working knowledge of nuclear plant system, structure, and component documentation, design, and controlling standards and regulations.
Level III: Requires an Associate’s degree in a technical field from an accredited college or university and 5 years of related experience in plant systems, structure and component design, documentation, and controlling standards and regulations OR a High School Diploma/GED and 7 years of related experience in nuclear plant systems, structure and component design, documentation, and controlling standards and regulations.
Electrical design experience.
Level II: Salary: $57,490 minimum to $71,862 midpoint (this is a salaried, non-exempt position)
Level III: Salary: $66,184 minimum to $82,730 midpoint (this is a salaried, non-exempt position)
Typically, selected candidates are hired at a salary rate between the minimum and midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience and qualifications, market rate, internal equity, and budgetary allowances.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate due to race, color, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
EEO is the law, click here to learn more
This position is open until filled.
- Energy Northwest Jobs