MasTec Advanced Technologies Technician in Raleigh, North Carolina
We’re MasTec Advanced Technologies and we’re looking for In-Home Service Technicians who can safely deliver, install and support an array of consumer and commercial products, while creating a high-quality customer experience in every interaction. This is a great opportunity to put your experience in computers, electrical, maintenance, telecommunications, military and customer service to work for a great company.
We currently have opportunities in telecommunication installation, expanding our team. Our telecommunication teams provide high-speed cable TV, phone, and internet installation to residential customers in the area. We are looking for techs who can demonstrate the skills to perform all phases of installation and repair of copper-based subscriber from CO to Premise to include: CO connection, Frame connection, Cross Box, Line trouble shooting, Ped work, Trouble shooting, HSI, POTS, Bonded, Fiber basics, Prism.
At MasTec, our most successful In-Home Service technicians have these four things in common:
/They are customer service-driven:/
- They are friendly, approachable and comfortable meeting new people and can talk to just about anyone
- They have solid communication skills
- They are “likeable experts” who deliver a good service experience for customers
/They are hands-on:/
- They enjoy the variety of assignments from site surveys to equipment installation to troubleshooting
- Ladders and power tools are their version of a desk and office supplies
- They’re resourceful multi-taskers and problem solvers who will do what it takes to troubleshoot issues (this is where the ‘save the day’ part comes in)
/They are tech-savvy:/
- They have the know-how and persistence to troubleshoot technical system issues
- They like to learn new technologies
- They’ll ensure a quality connection
- They know their way around a smart phone
/They are self-motivated:/
- They like making multiple customer visits per day because they’re motivated by the pay-per-job model control your own pay
- They’re at their best when working on their own and setting their own schedule
- They understand additional opportunities for incentive based work means more money in their pocket
- They represent our client and MasTec with integrity, professionalism and friendly service
/Does this sound like you?/ If so, we invite you to apply to MasTec today. Here, we work hard to set you up for success. Here’s what’s in store for you at MasTec:
- Competitive wages
- High-quality tools to get you started
- Uniform, van and gas card
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match that’s 100% vested (that’s free money)
- Paid time off
- Highly independent work environment and uncapped income potential
80% of our Managers started as Techs – and there is a clear promotion path to Field Technician Supervisor and Site Manager.
Essential Responsibilities /(a.k.a. A day in the life of a MasTec Technician)/:
You’ll coordinate schedules with customers, review their order and begin the installation. Once the system is installed, you’ll give customers a tour of their system to make the most of their new or upgraded service.
/Installing the technology./
You’ll conduct site surveys to determine the best positioning of the equipment for strongest signal reception and formulate the wiring plan. You’ll place the mounts, equipment and receivers to ensure connectivity.
If things go wrong, you’ll diagnose the issues, make repairs and replace or upgrade components – and get the TV back for customers.
Yes, there are some requirements. You must: * Be able to lift 80 pounds and climb 40-foot ladders * Be able to meet weight restrictions of our ladders (including approximately 25 lbs in a tool belt) to comply with OSHA and our Company safety standards * Have a valid driver’s license * Pass a pre-employment drug test, criminal background check and MVR (driving record) check * Be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends or evenings * Have basic computer skills * A high school diploma or equivalent (college or technical school a plus) About MasTec Advanced Technologies
MasTec Advanced Technologies is the leader in last mile fulfillment services for the deployment and installation of technology and IoT devices. We safely deliver, install and support an array of consumer and commercial products, creating a high-quality customer experience in every interaction. We are the /“clean boot, white glove”/ service provider, with more than 3,000 full-time SmartConnect service professionals and technicians nationwide. We connect people with the products and technology they want and need from TV, entertainment and security to connected homes, facility upgrades and smart cities. We provide the planning, staffing, training, resource deployment, inventory management, call center support and analytics required for a comprehensive workforce solution. Our controls deliver the depth, flexibility, technology and efficiency needed to meet any business objective. With over 25 years of expertise and one of the largest fleets of service vehicles in the country, you can be confident in us to deliver success for your business.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Requisition ID: 30643
MasTec Advanced Technologies
- MasTec Advanced Technologies Jobs