Pike Corporation Engineer III- Substation Physical-Exp. Electric Utility Substation Design in Raleigh, North Carolina
This is the third level of the Engineering classification. Provide engineering/technical expertise to solve more complex problems, and provide leadership skills to manage work in a specific area of expertise, with minimal supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently.
Please note: This electrical engineering position is in the Substation Physical Engineering group within the Transmission & Substation division of Pike Engineering. This position will work closely with clients, engineering departments, and CAD Designers in the development of High-voltage Substation Engineering Design packages for electric utility clients. See desired qualifications below.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under minimal supervision, in the area of expertise will provide:
• engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
• effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities
• thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches
• continuous improvement of job-related, engineering, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
• effective oral and written communication skills
• accurate records and files
• 8 to 10 years experience as a practicing engineer or state registration as a Professional Engineer.
• Proficient in engineering theories and principles.
• Proficient in practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Work independently
• Customer Oriented
• Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
• Registered Professional Engineer
NCEES and ability to become licensed in multiple states preferred.
Experience in the electric utility industry
3 - 5 years of electrical utility substation design experience (as an employee, contractor, or consultant) with a workingknowledge of the physical design of substations 23 kV and higher.
Ability to design the physical layout of the substation equipment (circuit breakers, transformers, disconnect switches, bus, etc.)
Ability to design the cable trench and conduit for the routing of cables to the substation equipment.
Ability to complete the bill of material required for construction of the substation.
Ability to ensure that a complete design package (drawings, bill of materials, conduit lists, construction specifications, etc.) are delivered to the customer within budget and on time.
Working knowledge of NESC and IEEE
NOTE:This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Organization: *Pike Corporation, Inc.
Title: Engineer III- Substation Physical-Exp. Electric Utility Substation Design
Location: North Carolina-Raleigh
Requisition ID: 2000024O